AFI (The band, not the film academy, stupid)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like it too. Pretty sure I already like both of these songs more than Crash Love.

Has the album cover been shared?

Unknown-8.jpeg

Well, they're just as awesome live as I remember from six or seven years ago. Couldn't have been more thrilled. 17 Crimes and I Hope You Suffer were loud and just about perfect live. Davey was just the showman I have been talking up in all that time, as well.

Had a great moment where the bass got screwed up between songs, so he ended up teasing the audience with a story about a donut shop, but he never finished the story (I don't think there was actually one to tell), and just generally bantered pretty well for a band of that particular scene. I just don't always expect that.

Setlist:

The Leaving Song Pt. II
Girl's Not Grey
I Hope You Suffer
A Single Second
Love Like Winter
Ever and a Day
17 Crimes
Kill Caustic
Just Like Heaven - (The Cure cover)
Bleed Black
Medicate (ONLY song from Crash Love :dance:)
God Called in Sick Today
Miss Murder
The Days of the Phoenix
Silver and Cold
Dancing Through Sunday

FIVE songs from Sing the Sorrow :D
Something from Black Sails, three for Decemberunderground, I was generally super happy.

Also, that cover of Just Like Heaven marked the third time in just over a month I have heard that song live, since Dinosaur Jr. also played it.

Crappy cell phone pics! :happy:

20130915_191745_zpsf7302589.jpg

And these two are of Davey standing ON the crowd. I thought he was going to crowd surf, at first, but he ended up just standing while a bunch of people held him up:

20130915_194641_14297_zpseda95d45.jpg

20130915_194641_7398_zps1cdda880.jpg

None of my pictures of the rest of the band came out well, especially the ones I took of Jade...he was just rocking too damn hard

It's been a long time since I first got into AFI and since then, I've only really been listening to Sing the Sorrow and Decemberunderground. I totally forgot about everything from Art of Drowning and that includes "Days of the Phoenix", which used to be one of my favorite songs by them. It was the most beautiful reminder.

Art of Drowning :up:

It's hard for me to vote against sing the sorrow, but black sails definitely comes close.

I found the setlist from the show I saw 10+ years ago, check this mambo jambo out.

Miseria Cantare - The Beginning
Sacrifice Theory
Girl's Not Grey
The Lost Souls
Ever and a Day
Triple Zero
This Secret Ninja
No Poetic Device
This Time Imperfect
The Prayer Position
Totalimmortal
The Leaving Song Pt. II
Wester
The Days of the Phoenix

Encore:
Death of Seasons
God Called in Sick Today

I think it's time I hear the rest of AFI's catalogue. May my ears forgive me for the marathon of screaming they are about to endure.

Well, I only ended up listening to Black Sails in the Sunset again along with Art of Drowning. I can't remember if I've ever heard the latter before or not, but daaaammmnnn it was good. Might be my favorite of theirs, and "Days of the Phoenix" is suddenly becoming a contender as my favorite AFI song.

I think I'll listen to a few of their EPs tomorrow, but I'm holding off on All Hallows until next month.

Apparently you've been able to buy "The Conductor" on iTunes for a couple of weeks now. Strangely, I can find it absolutely no where on the Internet to listen to and I'm not dropping $1.29 on it, so I guess I'll have to wait :(

Also, it's finally October, so I'm finally going to hear All Hallows E.P.

It was over so fast, I forgot to come back and comment on it, but yes, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Here's a little bit of All Hallows EP nerd trivia for you:

My Morrowind and Oblivion characters were both named "Totalimmortal".

I hated oblivion, every time I went into a new city the guards stole my pants.

Well, with four songs floating around out there, I am officially at the, "No more til I hear the album" phase.

Understandable. With the album being released two days after I see them, though, I'm trying to hear as many as I can. The better I know a song, the more I enjoy it live.

Don't worry too much about that. Unless they've changed things up, they're only playing 17 Crimes and I Hope You Suffer for now.

I imagine they'd be playing a lot more new songs 2 days before the album releases though.

This song is pretty awesome, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom