Adam Lambert appreciation thread~*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonoFox1

Blue Crack Supplier
Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back agai
I thought it would be cool to have this thread for Adam since I have no doubt we will be hearing a LOT from him in the next few months as his career will skyrocket

We should some move the links, clips, pictures and news here and that way we can leave the AI thread exclusively for AI

Glambertfans.jpg

p.s
Kris Allen and other idols can visit if they want ;)

Label Defends Adam Lambert New CD Release

June 25 2009

Record label bosses have defended their decision to release an album Adam Lambert recorded before he entered American Idol - and promised the disc will make him a fortune.

Lambert spent three years working on On With the Show, with Los Angeles-based label Wilshire Records.

In a statement issued through Idol producers 19, the 2009 runner-up recently dismissed the disc, saying, "The work I did back then in no way reflects the music I am currently in the studio working on."

But Wilshire bosses insist the music Lambert wrote and recorded with them was always meant to be released.

They tell Ok! magazine in a statement, "Adam is now enjoying the success that he and Wilshire Records hoped for. However, he is now represented by high-profile companies who released a statement in Adam's name saying the songs on On With the Show were recorded four years ago and Adam only contributed vocals. This is simply not true.

"The songs were recorded in a professional recording studio with top notch musicians and producers since the music was always meant to be released. Of the 11 songs that will appear on the album, On With the Show, Adam co-wrote eight with Monte Pittman (Madonna's guitar player)."

They also boast their record will make Lambert more money than he'll earn from any post-American Idol deal, adding, "As co-writer and performer, Adam will receive significant royalties just as any superstar artist would. He has the chance, finally, to make a fortune for his work - definitely more with this album than through a major label deal.

"This pre-Idol work is a fantastic representation of who Adam is and what inspired him during the months before he became famous."

Adam Lambert vs. TMZ: Did American Idol Star Write Those Songs?

June 25, 2009
HispanicBusiness.com Staff

Adam Lambert, the one-man-brand, who continues to
overshadow American Idol winner Kris Allen in the media, is at the center of yet another controversy of the day.

Lambert, you might recall, huffily renounced any songwriting association with "On With The Show," an album that he recorded with Hi Fi Recordings before his incredible run on American Idol this season.

But gossip blog TMZ.com published a memo today that suggests that Lambert wrote many of the songs on the album, scheduled to be released later this summer. Lambert has yet to confirm or deny the report.

He's too busy preparing for the July 5 kickoff of the American Idol tour. Lambert's first album after his post-Idol run, under 19 Recordings/RCA Records, will be released this fall.

I have a great memory.

LOL so do I :D

from the AI thread

Adam Lambert surprised to be a ‘hot bachelor’
‘I’m not hot!’ the singer said when he was told he made People’s list
Access Hollywood
updated 3:42 p.m. ET, Wed., June 17, 2009

“American Idol’s” Adam Lambert recently revealed that he’s gay and single and now the rocker has scored himself a spot on People’s Hottest Bachelor’s list.

“Am I really?” the raven-haired singer asked Access Hollywood’s Nancy O’Dell, who revealed the news. “I’m not hot!”

“How great is that though — to show how far you have come? Because that means you’re a bachelor — straight, gay — it’s just that you’re a good looking man,” O’Dell noted. “You’re attractive to many people.”

“That’s pretty cool. That’s really cool,” Lambert said once the news set in. “I think that attractiveness is a universal thing. It shouldn’t matter who your preference is. I mean, it’s like, (if) you think something is good-looking, you think it’s good-looking. What’s the difference?”

When asked if he thought being open with his sexuality is changing people’s minds, Lambert said for him, it’s just a bonus as he is focused on being an entertainer above all.

“I mean my goal is to just sing,” he laughed “I’m just putting on a show, you know, and if that’s how people feel about it then that’s really cool.”

Since the finale of “American Idol” last month, where Lambert finished as the runner-up to Kris Allen, a host of rumors have come about the San Diego 27-year-old. In addition to confirming questions about his sexual orientation, Lambert has also gone on record about the gossip that he’s set to front British rock superstar act Queen.

“(Brian May) expressed interest in possible collaborations in the future. We got along great. Roger Taylor and Brian May were class acts — gentlemen, really positive, inspirational, kind of forces on stage with Kris and I,” Lambert explained of the “Idol” season finale collaboration. “I think he expressed interest in maybe working on something in the future but it was never said, ‘Oh you’re going to be the new lead singer.’”

While Lambert has plenty to keep him busy — including his upcoming album, set for release this fall on RCA Records — he said he may branch out in other ways eventually.

When O’Dell asked if he ever thought about doing a clothing line, Lambert revealed there is actually a cosmetic product he may have an interest in.

“Maybe (an) eyeliner, nail polish combo line,” Adam said. “It will be very livable. You can put it on and it will stay for the whole week.”

Rolling Stone finally landed in my in-box. I think my colleague has been hoarding it and now I'm not sure if I want to touch it. Who knows where it's been. :angry:

I never got my Adam issue of RS.

I got my issue with the Brothers Jonai on the cover, and saw Adam's cover in the store, so I'm guessing mine got lost or walked off with sticky fingers because my mail carrier either a) crams everything into my skinny mailbox so it gets all crumpled and ruined; or b) leaves it on top of the mailboxes. which I actually prefer.

Adam Lambert vs. TMZ: Did American Idol Star Write Those Songs?

June 25, 2009
HispanicBusiness.com Staff

Adam Lambert, the one-man-brand, who continues to
overshadow American Idol winner Kris Allen in the media, is at the center of yet another controversy of the day.

Lambert, you might recall, huffily renounced any songwriting association with "On With The Show," an album that he recorded with Hi Fi Recordings before his incredible run on American Idol this season.

But gossip blog TMZ.com published a memo today that suggests that Lambert wrote many of the songs on the album, scheduled to be released later this summer. Lambert has yet to confirm or deny the report.

He's too busy preparing for the July 5 kickoff of the American Idol tour. Lambert's first album after his post-Idol run, under 19 Recordings/RCA Records, will be released this fall.

From what I understand, about 5 years ago when Adam was broke, he was a backup singer songwriter for this indie hifi label and at the time he got paid for his work and that was it. There was never any word of a contract or royalties to go to him.

From Adam himself: "I was hired as a studio singer to lend my vocals to tracks written by someone else ... I was broke at the time and this was my chance to make a few bucks."

Statement update from Adam regarding released songs on HiFi.

"Last Friday I was surprised to find out that songs I recorded back in 2005 were being released. Since then I discovered the entire track listing, revealed online today. I was shocked to learn that songwriting demos of songs that I co-wrote and recorded over the past few years may be released in an album. Like a rough draft that a writer does before finishing a book, I did not intend my work on these demos to be heard by the public. I was unaware that anyone intended to release these recordings until I heard about it in the press, and I'm very disappointed by this entire situation."

Iconic out comedian Ellen DeGeneres

Ellen said she is proud of Adam Lambert for coming out:

iI's the healthiest thing that you can do for yourself, and it's not trying to be anything other than honest ,,, and you're helping other people that are struggling. You know, we've seen recently in the press how many kids have killed themselves because of being bullied and teased at school. And so whenever there's somebody that is successful and talented and happy and openly gay, I think that sends a really positive message for all these kids out there that are struggling.

Back
Top Bottom