Accelerate - REM album - March 31 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally it's announced! Hopefully this is the beginning of a year filled with great new music from some of my top favorite artists.

I'm not a fan of the entire albums, but some awesome tracks, "Leaving New York" is one of my favorite R.E.M. songs. "Imitation of Life" is one of the best songs this decade.

Considering how lazarus likes to post about how much he hates Reveal and ATS at any given opportunity, I'd say he's not kidding.

:wink:

But Airplane is a sendup of a big disaster drama flick called Airport, so it makes perfect sense to call it Airplane.

I look forward to this.

REM has released some fine songs over the past 12 years since the departure if Mr. Berry.

But very few have "guts." Hopefully they find some. Up-tempo is certainly promising.

MrBrau1 said:
I look forward to this.

REM has released some fine songs over the past 12 years since the departure if Mr. Berry.

Unfortunately, all of them are on Up.

Imitation of Life is one of those songs that are too catchy to be true. It's just way too over the top candy pop, fucking Willy Wonka shit.

corianderstem said:
But Airplane is a sendup of a big disaster drama flick called Airport, so it makes perfect sense to call it Airplane.

Ah, well see I did not know that! Fair enough.

edit - was the sequel called Airplane 2 over there?

I love when they get to the space station and they appear to be talking to William Shatner on some kind of video screen, when it's actually a window and he just opens the door and walks out.

Underrated sequel.

And better than Around the Sun.

lazarus said:
Imitation of Life is one of those songs that are too catchy to be true. It's just way too over the top candy pop, fucking Willy Wonka shit.

I think Imitation Of Life was Stipe's answer to Beautiful Day, a song which he loves and wishes he had written! And I think Imitation is a fine song. The bridge/middle8 is gorgeous!

By the way, this just struck me...

charades, pop skill, water hyacinth, named by a poet.
imitation of life, like a koi in a frozen pond
like a goldfish in a bowl, I dont want to hear you cry
thats sugarcane...

...and coffee cup
Copper, steel and cattle
An annotated history
the forest for the fire
Where we open up the floodgates
Freedom reigns supreme
Fire on the hemisphere below

:wink:

Of course, I imagine you could say the same thing about The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight, but at least there's not a bunch of awful crap around it.

Me too. Because when I heard Around the Sun on their MySpace page, I was able to avoid the mistake of actually paying for that shit.

'Accelerate' immediately becomes my most highly anticipated release of 2008.

Gimme a handful of gorgeous R.E.M. melodies with Stipe's poetry sprinkled on top and I will be happy. I also think the new and more aggressive style will be a good change after 'Around the Sun'

Anyway, these guys could have retired 12 years ago and never stepped foot into another studio again and they would be one of the most kick-assingly cool and creative musical groups ever.

Bring on the new tunes...

GirlsAloudFan said:
'Accelerate' immediately becomes my most highly anticipated release of 2008.

Gimme a handful of gorgeous R.E.M. melodies with Stipe's poetry sprinkled on top and I will be happy. I also think the new and more aggressive style will be a good change after 'Around the Sun'

Anyway, these guys could have retired 12 years ago and never stepped foot into another studio again and they would be one of the most kick-assingly cool and creative musical groups ever.

Bring on the new tunes...
:applaud: :rockon:

New album Cover?

remaccelerateny9.jpg

Pretty cool

Back
Top Bottom