AC/DC - Black Ice - Album & Tour Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AC/DC's Black Ice Number 1 Album

Not bad for a bunch of geezers, who play the same song over and over every album...:rockon:

Week Ending Oct. 26, 2008: Headbangers Beat Out High-Schoolers - Chart Watch

'Black Ice' was the biggest selling 'Rock' album since U2's HTDAAB in 2004...:hmm:

The new CD is a much better album than 2000's 'Stiff Upper Lip', with harder riffs, and better hooks. I'm wondering if this might be their last time around the block.

Rock 'n Roll Train...new stadium rock anthem...:eyebrow:

I thought Stiff Upper Lip was class
Black Ice has more of an edge to it though

gotta love the DC

Overrated by whom? 15 year old bogans? I think generally people realise that they're cheesy, but that doesn't mean you can't rock the fuck out to any of their tracks!

Not that I do or anything.

I have never heard their stuff. :shifty:

You're joking, right? :ohmy:

Uh, did you see the :shifty: ?

Black Ice is the perfect foil for the boring, earnest rock of the 2000's. Thank gawd for AC/DC and their all for nothing rock 'n roll attitude. We need to rock out with our c*cks out more often...and thank got the boys from Aussie let us do that...rock 'n roll train, running right off the track!!

Overrated by whom? 15 year old bogans? I think generally people realise that they're cheesy, but that doesn't mean you can't rock the fuck out to any of their tracks!

Not that I do or anything.

AC/DC cheesy? :huh: I know you were trying to defend them, but they're the last band that I would label cheesy. Many of their 70s contemporaries could be labelled as cheese (Kiss comes to mind). All their 80s hairband metal contemporaries like Poison also come to mind. 90s/00s grunge wannabees like Nickelback and Creed come to mind. The above mentioned were cheesy...

...but not ACD/DC. With AC/DC what you see is what you get...they offer hard rocking, carefree, catchy but heavy hitting Rock and Roll about sex, partying, and living it up.With them what you see is what you get, and they are probably the least pretentious band that ever came on the scene. They have never pretended to be what they're not...no concept albums in the
70s, no synthesisers and power ballads in the 80s, and no grunge-tinged "metal" in the 90s/00ss. There are some negative things I know friends have used to describe them...obnoxious, repetitive, noise, satanic, uncreative...but "cheesy"? No way

Cheers

PS. I don't hate Kiss BTW, but they offered a lot of cheese...but totheir credit quite unapologetically.

Oh how I hate hair metal. 99% of my brothers music is that shit.

I used to love ACDC. I really did. Back in Black is a great album. A plethora of other good songs.

But once some idiot in your family plays the same songs by the same band over and over and over and fucking over (rock n roll train, which I totally ABHOR, has 75 plays in his itunes) they get real old.

It's the first album to debut in #1 in America in a really long time. Back in Black didn't even debut at #1 in the states. I believe the album that came out after Back in Black debuted at #1.

Albums didn't really debut at #1 that often back then, before the Soundscan era. It happens all the time now, though.

For Those About To Rock (We Salute You) went to number one, but didn't debut there.

They destroyed on the charts in their first week, I think U2 will have a very hard time equaling those sales numbers and this is coming from a die hard U2 fan :)

They sold close to 2 million just in the areas that Mediatraffic is tracking, probably close to 2.5 million in 1 week that is very impressive these days.

AC/DC is a very good live band as well anybody that sees them on tour will get their moneys worth.

:lol:

It was just an epic evening. I completely got into it. Before I knew it, I was dancing and headbanging involuntarily. I screamed louder than I ever have in my entire life. When they said they were doing "War Machine", my favorite from the new album, I screamed, "YES!!!!!" so loudly that my boyfriend was like, "Was that YOU??" :laugh: It was so exciting! I was full of energy and moving for most of the show. There were a couple times when Angus was just so extraordinarily awesome with his guitar though that I was sort of stunned and standing still in awe.

The show lasted about an hour and a half. It seems to be a big complaint that the show should be longer. These shows are CRAMMED though. They aren't wasting your time, they pack so much into that hour and a half. It feels like so much more. I'm not complaining.

The whole way home, one of us said something along the lines of, "How awesome was that???" at least every five minutes. :love:

My boyfriend said he'd see me singing along to some songs and would be surprised, as he didn't even know the words. I'd look over at him and see this huge smile on his face. It was the happiest I'd ever seen him. It was probably the funnest thing we've ever done. I feel like we both kinda fell a little more in love with each other that night.

We blew $70 on merch...:yikes:...shirt for him, bandana for me, and a program. :heart:

:lol:

It was just an epic evening. I completely got into it. Before I knew it, I was dancing and headbanging involuntarily. I screamed louder than I ever have in my entire life. When they said they were doing "War Machine", my favorite from the new album, I screamed, "YES!!!!!" so loudly that my boyfriend was like, "Was that YOU??" :laugh: It was so exciting! I was full of energy and moving for most of the show. There were a couple times when Angus was just so extraordinarily awesome with his guitar though that I was sort of stunned and standing still in awe.

The show lasted about an hour and a half. It seems to be a big complaint that the show should be longer. These shows are CRAMMED though. They aren't wasting your time, they pack so much into that hour and a half. It feels like so much more. I'm not complaining.

The whole way home, one of us said something along the lines of, "How awesome was that???" at least every five minutes. :love:

My boyfriend said he'd see me singing along to some songs and would be surprised, as he didn't even know the words. I'd look over at him and see this huge smile on his face. It was the happiest I'd ever seen him. It was probably the funnest thing we've ever done. I feel like we both kinda fell a little more in love with each other that night.

We blew $70 on merch...:yikes:...shirt for him, bandana for me, and a program. :heart:

:hi5:

Awesome Bonochick...:D

I'm going in a month...can't wait. One of the few bands from this genre that I haven't seen. I love the new album, and I know all the older stuff. I know the complaint with AC/DC is 'they play the same thing over and over'...but really they rock, and they roll and I wanna :rockon: whenever I hear Angus break into a trademark riff.

Glad you had a great time...:yes:

We saw them again last week. :love: We were down on the floor this time, next to the platform that raises Angus up during "Let There Be Rock". It was another awesome show!

Back
Top Bottom