51st Annual Grammy Nominations/Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And Jennifer Hudson trumps Raphael Saadiq for R&B Album of the Year, because her family member got murdered? Come the fuck on.

Heh - I totally thought of you during that category. I had no idea Raphael Saadiq had even been nominated. Murdered family aside, I was baffled by her winning. That album got VERY mixed reviews.

So yeah. Total sympathy win.

I was actually more surprised to learn he is total BFF with Kenny Chesney.

I guess now we know who helped Kenny float that keg in the closet.

I have never watched Chesney
I did a bit last night

there is some talent there
apparently lots of people are buying into it.

This seems to be a person that is 'floating in know man's land"

so what, 1/3 of the artists from the 70s did
I guess there can be a little bit of 'rock and roll" in country, afterall

live and let live

or as Anthony would say
let live me

Oh, and I was surprised to learn that Morgan Freeman lost his hand, in that car accident. Insane. .

I am not sure if it is lost
or just mangled

he was driving to get a little action
in an $800 car, when the wreck happened

apparently he had promised his wife he would stay off the 'strange'

he would rather not talk about it.

11098715sr0.jpg

:lol:

I just saw this now. Apparently this happens when you put

I am so glad I taped this thing last night instead of watching the entire 3.5 hours live.

I don't think that U2 performance quite worked. Something seemed to be missing.

I was moved by Jennifer Hudson's performance. The song is nothing special, but her voice is amazing.

I'm so happy Adele won Best New Artist. I was so sure the Jonas Bros. were going to win.

Stevie Wonder is reduced to playing keyboard for the Jonas Bros? WTF?

Radiohead - When someone posted earlier that they were playing with the USC Marching Band, I was sure it was a joke. Guess the joke was on me, because that was kind of awesome -weird, but awesome.

I'm glad Robert Plant and Allison Krauss won Album of the Year, mainly because they prevented Coldplay from winning.

If Lila can post pictures of celebs from last night on the red carpet well then I'm not going to miss my opportunity. We have a winner...

gallery_main-carrieunderwood-2009-redcarpet-grammy-photos-02082009-13.jpg

CARRIE! :heart:

You know what we should do if we really want to end the fighting between the Israelis and the Palestinians? Send Carrie Underwood over there and have her smile. Just stand there between the two sides and smile. The war will be over, immediately.

stripped back Lost+ into Viva La Vida was quite special.....

Grammies aren't even on TV in Australia, used to be considered quite important, but all we're supposed to "care" about 'ere is the wankfest, snoozefest that is the Oscars.

Back
Top Bottom