25th Anniversary of Daydream Nation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
sonicyouthdaydreamnationalbumcover.jpg

It's been 25 years since this beast was unleashed. Beautiful melodies of Teen Age Riot, Candle and Cross the Breeze, sick noise breakdowns of Silver Rocket and Total Trash, guitar jams of The Wonder and Hey Joni that make you wonder if this instrument was ever meant to be utilized in such a bizarre but perfectly fitting fashion, the soundscapes of Hyperstation and The Sprawl that invoke some other worlds inspired by people like William Gibson (referenced throughout the record) and Phillip K. Dick or just the kick-ass rawk of Eric's Trip and Eliminator Jr... this record has it all. And like all great records, so much new gets discovered with every new listening. Everybody who's a fan of Sonic Youth, or those who have interest in the band, immerse yourself in the daydream nation today. Some of you will go WTF, but some of you might see why this is one of the greatest records of the 80s and beyond.

Discuss, both the record and the band.

Took a long time to grow on me, but now I agree that it's a stone-cold classic. The guitar tone...man...

Terrific album, and really the one that made me interested in the whole noise-rock movement in general, even if that seems overly reductive. It's the rare example of a very long album that never plods.

I still haven't been able to really enjoy it, but I appreciate it nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom