2013 Albums Most Anticipated/Most Dreaded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who said that they were looking forward to not liking an album? The question was simply, what albums are you dreading? You can't honestly tell me that there aren't some albums coming up that you're less than excited about?

Who said that they were looking forward to not liking an album? The question was simply, what albums are you dreading? You can't honestly tell me that there aren't some albums coming up that you're less than excited about?

I've never equated "dread" with "less than excited."

I'm "less than excited" to see the dentist next month.

I "dread" the day I bury my ma.

I've got better things to do on this gorgeous afternoon than argue fruitlessly back and forth, so one parting thought: seems Schloop John B is the most negative person here. The vast majority of this thread has been people talking about albums they are anticipating and excited about; just look at any post listing albums both anticipated and dreaded, and the albums anticipated considerably outnumber any that are dreaded. People are eager and enthusiastic about their music. They can't wait for all kinds of albums to drop. Yet Schloopicus shows up, hones in on the negativity, and starts a bitchfest about it.

Schloopy, if you want positive threads, perhaps the best way to keep them positive would be for you to not post.

Anyway, I'm heading out to the park. Enjoy dreading dreary dreadful posts of dread, folks.

I've got better things to do on this gorgeous afternoon than argue fruitlessly back and forth, so one parting thought: seems Schloop John B is the most negative person here. The vast majority of this thread has been people talking about albums they are anticipating and excited about; just look at any post listing albums both anticipated and dreaded, and the albums anticipated considerably outnumber any that are dreaded. People are eager and enthusiastic about their music. They can't wait for all kinds of albums to drop. Yet Schloopicus shows up, hones in on the negativity, and starts a bitchfest about it.

Schloopy, if you want positive threads, perhaps the best way to keep them positive would be for you to not post.

Anyway, I'm heading out to the park. Enjoy dreading dreary dreadful posts of dread, folks.

Thanks. I'm proud to be the subject of your 132,243rd post.

Good luck in the park.

But he has solid reasoning for dreading at least two of those. They're both by the same artist, who, if you read his posts, he used to love, but lately hasn't released albums he enjoys. Such as, especially, the last Blackfield album. So, explain to me, why you wouldn't also be dreading an album by a band you used to love, but recently have not been so good. I think your definition of dread means something different than mine.

I'm dreading The Hobbit movie, but who knows, maybe I'll like it.

nailing the wife
GET IT DONE, SCHLOOP A LOOP!

Seriously, this whole series of posts was clearly just a way for Schlooper to brag about getting it in tonight. And you know what? That's pretty fucking rock, you guys.

tumblr_m92yw8Wp4C1r91loao1_500.gif

Can a mod please change his username to Judge Dread (wordplay!) and give him this avatar?

judge-dredd-stallone.jpg

Or, you know, suspend or ban him for constant trolling. Whichever.

But he has solid reasoning for dreading at least two of those. They're both by the same artist, who, if you read his posts, he used to love, but lately hasn't released albums he enjoys. Such as, especially, the last Blackfield album. So, explain to me, why you wouldn't also be dreading an album by a band you used to love, but recently have not been so good. I think your definition of dread means something different than mine.

I'm dreading The Hobbit movie, but who knows, maybe I'll like it.

yeah. You need more dead people in your life.

That's dread.

Not liking a record or movie isn't dread.

It's not liking a record or movie.

Dread is a word IWB used when starting this thread because she is IWB. That is what she does. This isn't rocket science.

Ok.

How am I supposed to know what IWB does?

Am I supposed to do research on what IWB does before I post here?

Did you do that? Are you a rocket scientist?

You know, you could have cut out two pages of this crap by just saying in your first post that you think dread is too strong a word
(read: take things far too seriously) or that you refuse to think of anything other than positive things (read: are wholly delusional). It would have saved everyone a great deal of time.

Schloopy, you need to start playing an mmo, hang out in your faction's hub: say, take up world of war craft and sit around for a few hours every day in ogrimmar, an hone your trolling skills in general chat. You're kinda bad at this.

transitive verb
a : to fear greatly
b archaic : to regard with awe

: to feel extreme reluctance to meet or face

Why look at that, guyz, dread has two meanings! One that Schloop-da-loop is using and one that the rest of us are :hyper:

Ok.

How am I supposed to know what IWB does?

Am I supposed to do research on what IWB does before I post here?
Of course not! That's just silly. I'm telling you now so that you don't have to learn any of this. More time for you and your wife to have intimate moments during your phone calls to your aunt.

I'm not so much dreading the hobbit movie as puzzling over why it is going to be a hobbit trilogy. That's a lot of weight for a slim children's book from 1937 to shoulder. Honestly, I would have thought you'd struggle to make a feature length film out of it.

Conversely, the Lord of the Rings should by rights have been a movie-standard TV series. One season, of anything up to fifteen or twenty episodes, encapsulating the whole thing.

This is wildly off topic and I don't even care.

I'm not so much dreading the hobbit movie as puzzling over why it is going to be a hobbit trilogy. That's a lot of weight for a slim children's book from 1937 to shoulder. Honestly, I would have thought you'd struggle to make a feature length film out of it.

Conversely, the Lord of the Rings should by rights have been a movie-standard TV series. One season, of anything up to fifteen or twenty episodes, encapsulating the whole thing.

This is wildly off topic and I don't even care.

It's wildly accurate in conjunction with my feelings though, so I appreciate its existence.

In other news, this thread has more posts in it than every thread I've ever started combined. Except for the one rmt I started, of course.

You know, you could have cut out two pages of this crap by just saying in your first post that you think dread is too strong a word
(read: take things far too seriously) or that you refuse to think of anything other than positive things (read: are wholly delusional). It would have saved everyone a great deal of time.

Schloopy, you need to start playing an mmo, hang out in your faction's hub: say, take up world of war craft and sit around for a few hours every day in ogrimmar, an hone your trolling skills in general chat. You're kinda bad at this.

Yeah.

Make better threads. You're really bad at that. Words have meaning. Whether you like it or not.

Look'em up.

You're really shitty at this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom