2013 Albums Most Anticipated/Most Dreaded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Highly anticipated:
Depeche Mode
Arcade Fire

Highly dreaded:
U2

Obviously, I'm being cautious with U2. :wink:

They only have 6 albums. Easy to get into. Watch some other stuff on YouTube. Personally I think Black Market Music and Meds are their best two albums,

Yes. Get on this Cobbler, maybe as a new year's resolution since you're probably, like most of us, still trying to get through all the great 2012 stuff. In addition to Black Market Music and Meds, Sleeping With Ghosts is a solid record worthing checking out. They have a greatest hits collection as well.

Being a huge Placebo fan, I've had a really tough time getting into their last album. I'd say any new release from them has me feeling anxious, in a good and bad way. And for what it's worth (see what I did there?), Brian Molko just turned 40 yesterday. Maybe a midlife crisis will make for some great tunes.

I see Sargent House just announced that there will be a new Deafheaven album next year. Awesome.

A night of puppy puke and extremely early morning phone calls from South Africa makes me not care. I'd rather have the chemicals than sugar associated with everything else with caffeine.

I like me some good old fashioned sugar in my pop. I used to drink diet pop until I read a study which basically said that the body can only process artificial sweetener or fat at once, and that the body will always process that which it doesn't recognize and store the fat. It's weird - one of my tricks for losing weight over the last 4 months has been switching from diet pop to sugar pop.

More details:

The Knife have announced that their long-awaited new album, Shaking the Habitual, is out April 8 internationally and April 9 in the U.S. on Rabid/Brille/Mute. Karin Dreijer Andersson and Olof Dreijer have also announced that they will tour Europe next year. Dates to be announced.

Anticipated: Lady Effing Gaga, U2

Most Dreaded: U2 Fans Bitching About the New U2 Record

I'm sure there's much more I'm excited about, but I honestly don't know about what's supposed to be coming in 2013.

My list so far, for your perusal, miss 'Erstem:

The Joy Formidable - Wolf's Law
Lady Gaga - Artpop
Common - TBA
Charli XCX - TBA
Black Sabbath
Pearl Jam - TBA
Free Energy - Lovesign
Toro y Moi - Anything in Return
Unknown Mortal Orchestra - //
Foals - Holy Fire
Snoop Dogg - Reincarnated
Eels - Wonderful, Glorious
Local Natives - Hummingbird
Thao & The Get Down Stay Down - We the Common
Nick Cave -
Frightened Rabbit - Pedestrian Verse
Shout Out Louds - Optica
Low - The Invisible Way
Mark Kozelek - Like Rats
Yo La Tengo - Fade (which has already leaked and is great)

There's a lot of silly on that list, and a lot I'm really excited for.

Especially Thao & The Get Down Stay Down (I don't know why they changed their name from Thao with the Get Down Stay Down, but whatever). I really liked their last album.

I haven't really got a most anticipated- am awaiting the new Dep Mode album/tour and just hoping that it's better than they managed last time

also waiting for new White Lies album

Oh shit. Forgot Arcade Fire.

Obviously they are Highly Anticipated.

Mildly Anticipated: Yeah Yeah Yeah (loved their last album, have not cared for anything prior to that one)

Back
Top Bottom