2011 Grammy Awards Viewing Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes.

She was wholly unnecessary, although it was explained to me that her version is also a single. Which is also unnecessary.

tumblr_lgl6haVTVu1qztglu.png

I dont know if I'm pointing out the obvious here

2659999_1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lilZb_9MMHQ

Yeah, good call JT.

I definitely didn't know/make that connection. And I think it's safe to say that the majority of people tuning in tonight didn't make it either. Peeps be thinking that Cee-Lo's outfit was original.

Cee-Lo is a bigger liar than even Bono himself.

But seriously. That Lady Antebellum song. It's a massive rip off. When I walked into the room as they were performing it, I honestly thought it was a cover at first

It's a pleasant-enough, bland pop song.

The first I'd ever heard it was on the post-Super Bowl Glee episode, and it wasn't until tonight that I knew it was a Lady Antebellum song.

the music channel i watch here has two lady antebellum songs on a fairly heavy rotation.

cori pretty much summed it up. the video for need you now just shows how out of place lp field is with the rest of nashville.

the titans football stadium. i hope i'm not mixing videos up. i can't be bothered watching the video to make sure i'm not mixing them up. it's a big red thing if you want to look for it.
you're probably thinking of the even worse song i run to you or whatever. that's the one of them on the rooftop with people running backwards which is artsy?

need you now is the one with the hotel and the party. god both those songs suck.

This song doesn't exactly make the case for AF's big win.

People unfamiliar with them are going to be justified in thinking it was a bad choice.

I'm having that same thought. Hopefully some of those people will stick around for their second song.

AF is finally on
here in CA

Month of May, not great, but grammy is a shit hole and does not deserve the best

ok they lost a little cred by having guys on bikes riding around the stage

checking out the mashup jt posted. i love that alan parsons song and having heard the other too many times, i never made a connection in the similarity of the two at all. however, having now heard this, it's uncanny. the lady antebellum song sounds even worse slowed down, but wow.

Ready to Start was much better.

Of course Sprawl Part 2 would have been great, but maybe Win didn't want to give up the spotlight?

The title track would have been a good choice as well.

Hey, at least they didn't subject us to Rococo.

Coolest win tonight?

After 30+ years in the business, Iron Maiden won their first Grammy.

Considering Metallica already has 6 wins in the Metal category, that's almost too little too late.

But congrats to the true Kings of Metal.

Back
Top Bottom