Vertigo Tour Spiritual Setlist??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosterjuice

Refugee
I gotta say, I love how U2 ended the opening night of the Vertigo Tour. A 1-2-3 punch of spiritual songs finished the night off.

All Because of You
Yahweh

I wasn't at the show but I'd really like to hear a spiritual synopsis of the show from someone who actually attended. Did God walk into the room? If he did, I betcha that it was somewhere in the vicinity of the last 3 songs.

I was so glad to see 40 end the song.

As the band walked off the stage, the crowd song "how long, to sing this song".. for 5 minutes, even with the house lights on.

Stunning...god was present last night!

I wasn't there, but I am thrilled they brought back 40. War was the first U2 album I ever heard, and I remember as a young teenager listening to 40 because of the calming effect it had on me. To be honest, back then I hadn't read the psalm. I had never heard a song like that, I won't admit to the kind of crap music I was listening to at that age :wink:

All I want, I don't care what else happens, is to hear that live. With my luck they'll drop it before my first show.

Hey Captain!

Wow, you were at the San Diego concert???? Please shed some details on how the songs were from a spiritual perspective. I know you come on this forum recently and I assume you are a christian. Please give us other believers some details of the concert.

I was at the concert.

U2s christian side always comes out at the end with Yahweh and 40.

40 was very very powerful.

The crowd stood for 3 to 4 minutes after the concert, bolting the chorus to "40".

Made my night!

Mark

i didn't even know the tour had started! :ohmy:

If it compares to the holy vibes I was getting at the Elevation shows, it ought to be one huge church service. I think heaven will be a U2 concert....the moment when they start the organ for streets and the crowd roars and you get tears in your eyes as Edge starts the guitar chimes. *shiver*

I hope they keep ending with 40 for the remainder of the tour. I really want to hear it when I attend.

The last part of the show was so amazing. I felt like I was at church. So spiritual. I never really realized how much I liked "All Because of You" until then. Duh. "All because of you, I AM". Totally new interpretation for me. (Why did it take me so long to get it?).
But it was just an amazing show and really, really spiritual!

Back
Top Bottom