U2 Prayer Team/Fellowship

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
U2 Prayer Team

“I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone.” 1 Timothy 2:1

Most of us have been blessed by U2’s music and many have likened a U2 concert to a worship service. In light of the upcoming album release and world tour, I am asking that those so called join me in praying for the band daily, from now until the conclusion of the world tour.

If you wish to join in prayer and have suggestions for specific prayers for the band, please post them here.

In His service,
NBCrusader

nbcrusader, I have no complaint with your suggestion, but I have a feeling that U2 would tell us that they are MORE THAN BLESSED and probably would encourage us to use our prayers and good efforts for those less fortunate than them.:wink:

I think thoughts of Love and Blessings and Thankgiving EVERYDAY for the four of them, then I go out and find positive ways to put my feelings for U2 into good practice by practicing random acts of kindness and volunteering for some of the same organizations that Bono and U2 are associated with. :angel:

Pray for U2, but PLEASE work for Peace and Justice in our world! I'm sure that's what U2 would ask of us.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU'RE DREAMING. IT'S WHAT YOU'RE GONNA DO....:hug:

Pray that the message in the lyrics reach out and help someone in need.

Pray for a humble spirit and a forgiving heart in all U2 fans.:hug:

Pray that the band not be disappointed by the leak of the new album.

Pray that the Spirit work through the music and lyrics to begin touching the heart of the listeners.

Pray for the souls of those who downloaded the upcoming CD and who will decide not to buy it.

Thou shalt not steal....:yes:

Forgive them, Bono - they gave into temptation. May they find a way to make amends.:hug:

Wow NBCrusader, awesome thread idea! Pray that the band's true message continues to reach new people and be a positive influence in their lives. Pray for safety in travelling and for their families while they're away. Pray for DATA and that doors continue to open, as well as hearts, while the band tours.

God bless you guys!!

Fellowship

The `boys` do they have spiritual confidants? any christian friends they share their fears and doubts and faith and prayers with? lets pray for them and their families daily.:heart:

Hey naxos! :wave: Welcome to the forum. I decided to merge your thread with an existing one because I think that they cover pretty much the same topic. :)

Continue discussing...and praying, of course. :hug:

-sula

Good to see you posting here, angel_of_L.A.

Please continue. :wink:

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU'RE DREAMING, IT'S WHAT YOU'RE GONNA DO....:yes:

just wanted to say that its a pleasure and a blessing to find out that there are others out there praying for the fellows in the band and their families....for their safety when travelling, for them to be a witness to others with their lyrics etc...you've all said it so well.

I also would pray that as they continue to be witnesses to what it means to be a believer, that they would be safe from attacks of the enemy. A friend once said, that all christians are the Enemy's enemy.

As I am new here as of this very minute...if anyone can point me to any other forums, links, fellowships of like minded people that would be worth taking a read/look at, I'd truly appreciate the help.

thanks.

I am a Christian, but I do hope that those who are openly expressing attitudes that are a bit divisive will understand that U2 has never condemned any spiritual belief system (Bono has actually stated that he has read the Koran) so it behooves those of us who are Christian to post our thoughts about U2 AND THE SPIRITUAL CONTENT OF THEIR LIVES/LYRICS in a way that is not offensive or ostracizing to U2 fans/followers who may be Jewish, Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain or of any other spiritual persuasion.

If U2 has gone out of their way to be accepting of others' differences, including religious differences, what makes us think that we shouldn't be?

We're ONE - but we're not the same. WE GET TO CARRY EACH OTHER.:yes:

Please remember that when posting in THE GOAL IS SOUL....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Good point Jamila.

Im truly blessed to be guided by U2's music, they have helped me through the thick and thin with my faith. I pray that they will rub off on some of my friends as well :huh: :madspit:

YOUR LOVE IS TEACHING HOW TO KNEEL!!!

I feel the same way swissair135, U2 have been in my life for 20 years now. They have been so spiritual for me even when I was far away from the light of the spirit. I have come to a place in my life now where i am truly learning being truly spiritual. Since I got sober I have been on a spiritual path. My life has changed so much. U2's music always has had a special place in my soul. Most of my friend's are not a big fan like I am. So they don't understand the meaning of U2 and what they are about. :wink: :lol: Blessing are not just for the ones who kneel, luckily

Last edited:
I often pray for Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry, that they will be safe, that nothing bad will happen to them when they are on the road. I pray for their families too.

These days, Edge isn't too far from my mind and I am constantly praying for him and his family.

Pray that the ticket sales will be received positively, and that the ticketing system will not cause a rift between fans and the band's organization.

Pray that peace returns among disgruntled fans that were unable to get tickets to shows.

Pray for the families of all those who will be traveling on tour, for strengthened relationships while apart for so long.

Praying for the continued health and safety of the band and their families and for strength and wisdom for the months ahead. Praying for continued blessings on their work for Africa, Amnesty, etc., too.

The band have played a big part in the rebuilding of my faith after some pretty heavy stuff in the last year and a half, so I will for sure continue to do my part in lifting them up in prayer.

I'm so happy to see this thread on here! I'm pretty new to the forum. God bless you all! :)

I pray that God gives the people who didn't get tickets and who aren't going to (that includes yours truly) peace from their frustration and other bad feelings. I'm not real happy about the tickets being out of my price range, but gosh, I'm not an AIDS victim in Africa who can't even afford medicine, a tsunami victim, and unlike so many others I'm literally looking at a faucet that gives me clean water.

bless you, verte, for having the courage to have a good attitude about it. I too will not be going to any dates (unless a miracle happens) but that has a lot to do with where I am and how much money I don't have. lol

verte76 said:
I pray that God gives the people who didn't get tickets and who aren't going to (that includes yours truly) peace from their frustration and other bad feelings. I'm not real happy about the tickets being out of my price range, but gosh, I'm not an AIDS victim in Africa who can't even afford medicine, a tsunami victim, and unlike so many others I'm literally looking at a faucet that gives me clean water.

You put things into perspective very well. Unless I win a radio station giveaway, I won't be able to see them in concert, either (tight finances). :( Still, you are absolutely correct that most of the people in the world are in much worse conditions than I am, and would give anything to have the blessings we take for granted.

Pray for Sian...

Hey, to all that cought Edge's dedication to his daughter tonight at the grammy's it makes it pretty clear that Sian (his dauighter) is the sick member in his family. Keep her in your prayers

Back
Top Bottom