U2 and the Baha'i Faith

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OneU2Sister

Babyface
For anyone interested, I've put together a website (totally fan-based), u2bahai.com, showing connections I see between U2's lyrics, actions, comments, perspectives, etc. that resemble Baha'i teachings. It is solely a resource at this point, with no discussions, but may end up including that later. We'd love to have as much input as possible from as many fans as possible. At this point you need to become a member to send ideas, but that will change in the next day or so.

Enjoy, and hope to hear your ideas!

When i first heard U2 in the early 80s, my firsts impression was that these
songs were being written by a Christian.

A few decades later, that is still my interpretation.

I am familiar with the Bahá’í Faith, but I don't hear any connection.

Yes, I definitely hear that U2's lyrics are Christian, but I think they have been open to a wide variety of perspectives, while keeping the peace. And they express a great understanding of spiritual threads that run throughout life for a large portion of humanity. They also lead the way in honoring the voices of people all over the world. The combination reminds me of the essential belief of the Baha'i Faith of "unity in diversity." Much of what I hear in the lyrics is universal spirituality, which one finds in all religions, so I just have a Baha'i slant on that. I also think that not everyone would see the connections, certainly, just like there are many different interpretations of any one song's lyrics or any one passage of religious/spiritual writings.

Maybe the website will make some of the connections clear...

Thanks for the comment, as it made me think over some things I hadn't before. : )

Back
Top Bottom