"The band that prays together, stays together."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
God may have more of a problem with those of us who want to judge others and make them see life through our eyes.

Everyone has their own eyes through which to see God.

Live your own life, be at peace with yourself and do good for others (like the poor) and you won't have the time to worry about others' salvation.

LOVE IS BIGGER THAN US....:yes:

Jamila said:
Live your own life, be at peace with yourself and do good for others (like the poor) and you won't have the time to worry about others' salvation.
So, what do we do with Jesus' command to go into all the world and make disciples of all men?

thrillme said:

No of course not, but in the way he said, "In God's mind, they are at the top." "upends God’s order of things."

From what I've been told/studied in religious studies classes, only Jews and Christians believe in God, in that way---Having a mind, or that there is an order of things. Muslims do, but usually they say Allah(?) not God. He's clearly not an atheist, and agnostics feel you can't really know God, or if there is one.

Buddhism doesn't really have deities, Hinduism does, but they've have other names.

Does it matter, I mean, I don't know any of them, but seeing as how that caused the biggest riff in U2 in the early days, if it's no longer the case, that Adam has subscribed to the beliefs of his friends, that will no longer be an issue for them. Obviously they dealt with it, and moved on, but he wouldn't be the odd man out in that regards anymore. No longer that have alienated feeling like in the early days.

OK, I understand your reasoning now.

Back
Top Bottom