Should I buy One Step Closer: Why U2 Matters to Those Seeking God

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PoPrika

Babyface
Has anyone read
One Step Closer: Why U2 Matters to Those Seeking God by Christian Scharen
and have comments to share?
Thanks,
Erika

Thanks for the link. I think will pick this book up and maybe drop back in here to discuss.

I really liked it, nothing extra special in there, but it did leave me with a few things to think about.

yeah, i purchased it and have read most of it. It's a pretty good read. It explains how much of U2's work is christianity-based. I was left with a lot of respect for the band and particularly Bono who does pull much inspiration from the bible in his songs. So, get the book!

Since there were so many good things said about this book here and I've had interest in it for some time now, I ordered it on Amazon and cannot wait to receive it and start reading. I will let you know my experience with the book as soon as I can say something about it. Thanks for all the information!

last unicorn said:
Since there were so many good things said about this book here and I've had interest in it for some time now, I ordered it on Amazon and cannot wait to receive it and start reading. I will let you know my experience with the book as soon as I can say something about it. Thanks for all the information!

You'll love it! I've always picked up on a spiritual message in almost every U2 song, but the way he picks up on different angles of that is fascinating. Make sure you let us know how you like it!:hug:

I've read the book within only a couple of days, that means that I really enjoyed it.

I learned some very interesting new things through this book, which, I think, is well written and researched.

Some passages of the book really touched and moved me and I appreciate the author's sensitive approach to the issue.

It's really good to read and offers amazing insights into the spiritual world of U2. I started to think about a couple of songs differently than I did before, just in the sense that they could have an additional meaning that may have been not so obvious to me before.

wow.

never heard of it and haven't ordered it. it sounds relatively inexpensive. blah blah whatever. thanks for the info :) wow. and I'm a U2 savvy (relatively speaking) yeah.

Back
Top Bottom