Seeing the spirit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For Honor

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
During the summer I've managed to do a lot of research on a few things, and it lead me to spirituality. I've made a few personal breakthroughs, especially in the last few days, and I have been away from my computer a bit whilst doing all of this.

The point is:

Now that a very small change has happened withn me, I see it elsewhere. It has something very much to do with spirituality, and "seeing the spirit" has to do with U2 songs.

I always 'knew' that there was something within them, that U2 was special in it's own way, and/or that they were my favorite band. But now, coming back here online even, but also hearing some of the songs I forgot about, and reading lyrics again of songs that resonnated with me, I can see it.

In many ways, yes, this is really me just seeing what is already there in the first place -- seeing what is there in a spiritual way, as opposed to, for instance, U2 purposely implanting it there in the first place (I am not arguing for or against that, I am just recognizing the difference between the two things).

Maybe what has really happened is that I am much more aware of the spirituality of all things. Yet it is still very vivid, very clear in certain U2 related things. That's all I really wanted to share.

Thanks for listening.

PS: For example - I always liked "Drowning Man", but now, considering it from a very spiritual and global perspective, it has a totally new layer to it, as opposed to just the personal relation - the personal relevance or preference.

I went through a similar experience with U2. I was spiritual for a long time, and thought U2 was a good band. I eventually "looked deeper" and realized that U2 was a very spiritual band - it is not always easy to see and the band doesn't hit you over the head with it, but it is there. Many of my spiritual peers didn't agree with me - it led to much frustration. I went as far as to create a U2 website dedicated to exploring the spiritual side of the band. I have been overwhelmed with the responses I have gotten by people who have been in similar situations. I have received e-mails of people saying things like "I knew U2 was a spiritual band, but couldn't 'prove' it, thanks for the site" and so on.

You are not the only one - if you ever want to check out the site, go to www.staringattheson.com - that's sOn not sUn

Thanks for sharing.

reply to for honour

Hi
I'm really interested in what you're saying about suddenly seeing the spiritual side of things and also what U2 contribute to this. I have found that when i'm finding it hard to meditate listening to the band really helps with certain songs. I have particularly found it a very fruitful experience to walk along the beach or in a piece of open space country with an mp3 player. Songs such as where the streets have no name, miracle drug, october they really lift me. I am particularly interested in what you say about Drowning Man from a global as well as personal perspective, i'm off to listen to it now. THANKS A lOT - Keep talking please - Jules

Back
Top Bottom