question for Catholics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Hi, I'm Catholic and I'm not sure who the patron saint of computers is. A non-Catholic friend told me it's St. Isadore of Seville. Is this correct? I sure could use some divine intervention with computer hassles!:mad:

when something new is invented does the pope just come up with a patron saint for it?

Chizip said:
when something new is invented does the pope just come up with a patron saint for it?

No

But I didnt know there was a patron saint of computers either :eek:

I randommly know that Saint Peregrine is the patron saint of cancer sufferers

Haha on my hens night all those (3.5) years ago, one of my dearest friends yelled out at the top of her voice in a crowded Sydney Irish pub "Hey Anna, who's the patron saint of Ireland?" Me in my drunken wisdom yelled back without thinking (mind you there was a bit of a lull at her suddenly yelling) "Bono!!" A moments more silence and my drunk mind processing this, thinking this was not a good idea, then laughter. They could have turned on us you know. :lol:

It was an old joke of ours though, my dad had the board game "Sale of the Century" and that was one of the questions she once asked me. A mental blank caused me to blurt that out instead of the correct answer. It became a long time joke.

I'm highjacking :D Sorry!

Angela Harlem said:
Haha on my hens night all those (3.5) years ago, one of my dearest friends yelled out at the top of her voice in a crowded Sydney Irish pub "Hey Anna, who's the patron saint of Ireland?" Me in my drunken wisdom yelled back without thinking (mind you there was a bit of a lull at her suddenly yelling) "Bono!!" A moments more silence and my drunk mind processing this, thinking this was not a good idea, then laughter. They could have turned on us you know. :lol:

It was an old joke of ours though, my dad had the board game "Sale of the Century" and that was one of the questions she once asked me. A mental blank caused me to blurt that out instead of the correct answer. It became a long time joke.

I'm highjacking :D Sorry!

:lol:

I dont understand why St. Patrick is the patron Saint of Ireland if he was Scottish :confused:

:laugh: I know! The guy only ended up in Ireland 'cause he got captured by pirates or something like that. :huh: Although I guess he did do some good things while he was there. :p

FizzingWhizzbees said:
:laugh: I know! The guy only ended up in Ireland 'cause he got captured by pirates or something like that. :huh: Although I guess he did do some good things while he was there. :p

oh girl if you were at my school you would get roasted alive if thats all you knew lol - every year we got the stroy of St. patrick told to us over and over and over again, I can still remember what happened :der:

He was sold as a slave and worked on slemish tending to his flock for a couple of years,

Then one night he has a dream and he knows that a boat is waiting on him - well i think the story goes something like that - he gets a boat to France but later comes back to IReland and becomes a bishop here

I dont actually think I know the story that well :der:

there is a legend that he drove the snakes out of Ireland and lots of ppl here believe it because we dont have snakes here today.

:lol: I guess I'm glad I didn't go to your school then. We used to have to wear daffodils on St. David's day at my school. It was ridiculous because by the end of the day everyone was walking round with these semi-dead flowers pinned to their shirts. :reject:

I didnt really like Ash Wednesday I hated having the cross on my head - it just screams out your religion to ppl when your getting a bus home - I always had to take mine off when I left school for fear of getting beaten up on the way home, my brother was punched once but its usually rare for someone to hit a girl if a boy is sitting beside her, poor kid i felt so bad for him

Lara Mullen said:
I didnt really like Ash Wednesday I hated having the cross on my head - it just screams out your religion to ppl when your getting a bus home - I always had to take mine off when I left school for fear of getting beaten up on the way home, my brother was punched once but its usually rare for someone to hit a girl if a boy is sitting beside her, poor kid i felt so bad for him

Gah... Ash Wednesday... i remember that... :eyebrow: though we always rubbed the ash off about 10 seconds after they applied it, so..

Amsie said:
Gah... Ash Wednesday... i remember that... :eyebrow: though we always rubbed the ash off about 10 seconds after they applied it, so..

I remember that too ... that's exactly what I did, because no one thought to explain to us what it was all about!

:lol: @ Angela Harlem's Bono story ... don't we all have a few alcohol-induced U2 moments?

Back
Top Bottom