Prayer Request

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

80sU2isBest

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I have a prayer request, and I would appreciate all prayers. I have a close friend named Tracy. Her sister Tiffany (whom I also have become friends with) is in the Air Force reserves and got called up yesterday. She's being sent to Afghanistan. As you all know, this is one of the most dangerous places to be right now. We are all really worried. Please pray that the Lord will give her courage, strength, faith and hope, and that God will protect her as only He can. Also, please pray for her relationship with the Lord.
I have been praying for a miracle; that between now and Saturday (when she'll leave her base for Afghanistan), they'll decide they don't want her.
Thank you everyone - so much!

Will definitely remember her in my prayers. And if you think of it, could you pray for me as well? I am working as a consultant and just found out that my contract may be cut shorter than expected. Ie. I may be without work in two weeks, not at the end of May like I was expecting.
frown.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Will definitely remember her in my prayers. And if you think of it, could you pray for me as well? I am working as a consultant and just found out that my contract may be cut shorter than expected. Ie. I may be without work in two weeks, not at the end of May like I was expecting.
frown.gif
I will pray for you, Sula. I know exactly where you're at. I work contract, also, and the times they are tough. Thanks for your prayers, also.

[This message has been edited by 80sU2isBest (edited 04-03-2002).]

80s...I'll be praying for her.

And I have a prayer request of my own to make...

My brother just joined the military and signed up for a combat unit...so he might be going to war also. I pray that he won't be sent over. But this request is also for me at the same time...I am having a hard time dealing with it. You see, I am an absolute pacifist and it's killing me to think that I won't be able to support his actions if he has to go to the warfront...to tell the truth, I don't agree with him joining the military at all, but it's for his own good. I'm really struggling right now with how I can still support him and show my love for him even if he has to take actions that I cannot under any circumstances agree with. So please pray for my brother first of all, and pray for me to be able to know what path I should take in this situation...

Thanks
hippy
AIM: hippyactress
EMAIL: hippyactress@hotmail.com

------------------
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

frown.gif

Oh dear! I'm so very sorry to hear that....seems like everyone is facing job instability this season (I just got cut from 15 hours a week to 6
mad.gif
). I'll extend my prayer for ya anytime sula.

hippy: I'm sorry to hear of your situation. I know where you are, a lot of my friends are going into the military after graduation, and it makes me so nervous to know that these 18 year old young men will be going over there....good news is that they won't have the training for a while. On top of that, it's really only special forces over there right now, and those are the people who are EXTREMELY well trained for this sort of stuff. I'll put you in my next prayer as well.

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

Tiffany, Sula, Hippy and Hippy's brother = people in my prayers.

The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.

Originally posted by Lilly:
hippy: I'm sorry to hear of your situation. I know where you are, a lot of my friends are going into the military after graduation, and it makes me so nervous to know that these 18 year old young men will be going over there....good news is that they won't have the training for a while. On top of that, it's really only special forces over there right now, and those are the people who are EXTREMELY well trained for this sort of stuff. I'll put you in my next prayer as well.

Thanks Lilly and Like O2.

And my brother is training to be in the special forces. He'll be part of a surveillance team dropped behind the lines to set up sations for the troops...so who knows? I'm just discouraged by the whole thing. It's really hard to see where my heart should be on this matter, one of those times in my life when I'm asking for all the help I can get.

------------------
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 04-03-2002).]

I was wondering what all of you thought if this became a post that always will remain open for any of us, or people we know who may need our prayers. You could use this post to respond back with how the situation you asked prayer for is going, and especially how God answered your prayer, and may not have answered your prayer, but knowing that any answer He gives is His best answer. Just want to know what you all think about this idea?

Chris

Originally posted by wannabe:
Will do 80s. btw, what's your email?

Forget it, that was an awfully dumb question to ask online. I'll just put what I would've said here.

I just wanted to apologize for the way I replied in a FYM thread of yours. That was rude of me. I'm trying my best to follow through with the last line in the Prayer of Jabez: "that I may not cause pain". Anyway, I apologize. Take care, you're in my thoughts.

Originally posted by wannabe:
Forget it, that was an awfully dumb question to ask online. I'll just put what I would've said here.

I just wanted to apologize for the way I replied in a FYM thread of yours. That was rude of me. I'm trying my best to follow through with the last line in the Prayer of Jabez: "that I may not cause pain". Anyway, I apologize. Take care, you're in my thoughts.
Hi, I didn't know what to say when you asked for my email, so I initially gave it to you, but then edited it out, because there are a couple of people over in the Free Your Mind forum that, quite frankly, I wouldn't want to have my email (a couple of them don't like me much at all).
However, thanks for the apology. I don't even remember what you said, but it must not have been that bad, because I remember the really bad ones.

Originally posted by spanisheyes:
I was wondering what all of you thought if this became a post that always will remain open for any of us, or people we know who may need our prayers. You could use this post to respond back with how the situation you asked prayer for is going, and especially how God answered your prayer, and may not have answered your prayer, but knowing that any answer He gives is His best answer. Just want to know what you all think about this idea?
Chris
I love the idea! Prayer is powerful!

Everyone, thanks for the prayers for Tiffany. We've got several churches in our area praying for her, and to think that people on this forum who don't even know me or Tracy or Tiffany are uniting in prayer over the situation - WOW! that's an awesome thought! Hippyactress, I will pray for your brother, and for your peace. Even though you don't support the war, you support your brother, and that will be evident in your prayers.

I think that's a great idea, Chris. And if it gets really large and unweildy we can start another one. Mebbe a new one each month or something. But still, I like the idea of gathering our prayer requests so we can all help carry each other.
smile.gif

Oh and one update on my situation...it looks like my contract will indeed be ending in two weeks. So I suppose my request is now for prayer that I will be able to network well, get a polished resume together, and find a job that will sustain me through the next few months. I'm nervous to be sure, but change is good.

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 04-04-2002).]

Oh and one update on my situation...it looks like my contract will indeed be ending in two weeks. So I suppose my request is now for prayer that I will be able to network well, get a polished resume together, and find a job that will sustain me through the next few months. I'm nervous to be sure, but change is good.
[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 04-04-2002).]
Sula, speaking of networking, what do you do?
I create multimedia presentations/CDs and I also do documentation/help files.

Originally posted by Like O2:
Tiffany, Sula, Hippy and Hippy's brother = people in my prayers.

The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.
Holy Smokes, Eileen, where've you been?

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Sula, speaking of networking, what do you do? I create multimedia presentations/CDs and I also do documentation/help files.

Good question. I wish I knew! lol. No really, I am just about done with a B.S. in Finance, but I've been working as an IT consultant for the past three years. Started off doing mainly administrative project assistant work but have progressed to more of a project coordination/business analyst role lately. I don't have enough experience yet to be the actual "project manager" (unless it was a small-scale project) but I'm basically the right-hand (wo)man to the manager.

I think that's a great idea, Chris. And if it gets really large and unweildy we can start another one. Mebbe a new one each month or something. But still, I like the idea of gathering our prayer requests so we can all help carry each other.
smile.gif

sula: you never know when prayer requests will get out of hand! (sorry, that just killed me! I'm sitting here in my comp. room laughing out loud alone....sometimes the weirdest things are the funniest.) And another reason I like ya, you make good U2 puns. And so do I. And when we're together, we giggle like idiots when we do them and nobody (unless we're with other U2ers) gets 'em. But hey, we need to entertain each other too, right?
biggrin.gif

80s: I hope you don't think I don't like you...as you were talking about FYM people that don't like you I wondered if you meant me...I don't really hold grudges from in there...sor of...whatever, I don't have one against you. I hope that you don't have one against me either.
biggrin.gif

spanish: I like the idea a lot actually, let us keep this thread (or a similar one as sula suggested) alive.

------------------

Eileen, did you *really* give up Interference for Lent?
eek.gif

wow. that's some discipline. I'm just getting to where I can be away for maybe a day...or two...without it...oops, sorry to get OT!

Chris, Sula, 80s = in my thoughts and prayers (and good idea Chris - we can all use this thread)

80s: I hope you don't think I don't like you...as you were talking about FYM people that don't like you I wondered if you meant me...I don't really hold grudges from in there...sor of...whatever, I don't have one against you. I hope that you don't have one against me either.
biggrin.gif

No, I don't think you dislike me, and I don't dislike you, either. In fact, thinking today that it sure is nice that people who get in arguments all the time about politics in "Free Your Mind" can unite in spiritual matters, where it really counts, in "The Goal Is Soul", and you are the main one I thought about. We've "duked it out" in "Free Your Mind", but I think positively of you, really.
When I was speaking of people not liking me, I was thinking of people who really seem to hate me.

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:

No, I don't think you dislike me, and I don't dislike you, either. In fact, thinking today that it sure is nice that people who get in arguments all the time about politics in "Free Your Mind" can unite in spiritual matters, where it really counts, in "The Goal Is Soul", and you are the main one I thought about. We've "duked it out" in "Free Your Mind", but I think positively of you, really.
When I was speaking of people not liking me, I was thinking of people who really seem to hate me.

Thanks 80s! That really is a good point, that some people in FYM do need to realize that it's politics, not necessarily something to dislike a person over (unless it gets personal, which it tends to over there). What you said gave me warm fuzzies! *fuzz*
biggrin.gif

P.S Tiffany has been in my prayers since the beginning of this thread, I don't know if I stated that yet or not, but certainly something is being done.

------------------

P.S Tiffany has been in my prayers since the beginning of this thread, I don't know if I stated that yet or not, but certainly something is being done.
Thanks, Lilly, and thanks everyone for your prayers. Tiffany has no idea how many people are praying for her.

Tiffany Update:
Tracy tells me there is a chance that Tiffany will be stationed in Kuwait, with only rotational duties in Afghanistan. That would be wonderful...much better than spending the entire 6 months in Afghanistan. Thanks everyone!

ok guys, i need some help. i really need a prayer or two. my dad isn't the greatest person there ever was. he and i just do not get along. as of late, i don't talk to him at all to save the frustration of re-realizing how terrible a person he really is. so he, acting as the adult he has taken to insulting me. seriously like not criticizing, but insulting like a two year old would. then he doesn't understand where i get such contempt for him. i want to try to understand what happened, though i'm not sure i can forgive him for his past actions, and at least have some sort of cordial relationship with him. one where we can at least SPEAK! it's me though. he talks to my sister every day, though she lives 2 hours away. he just treats me so poorly and i don't know why. so if you want to, could you pray to help me understand? and if you don't want to, that's fine too. thanks for listening/reading at least.

lilly

[This message has been edited by Lilly (edited 04-07-2002).]

Lilly,
I'll definitely pray for you AND your Dad.
For your Dad, I will pray that The Lord will wake him up to how precious a gift a daughter is, and that he needs to spend his time lifting you up, encouraging you, rather than degrading and tearing you down.
As for your part, I'm praying that (1)you will recieve some insight as to why he is this way. There is no excuse for this, of course, so there may not even be any way that you can understand. However, I am also praying that (2)you will be able to forgive him. This is not just for his sake, but for yours, because a resentment-free life is an excellent thing.
God bless you.

(((Lilly)))

Girl, feel free to give me a call this week and mebbe we can go out for coffee or something. Then I can give you a real hug and we can chat.

Back
Top Bottom