night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I'm re-reading the book 'Night' by Elie Wiesel in preparations for my upcoming AP lit test. I came across an interesting passage that I thought I'd post here for thought provoking purposes:

"Man questions God and God answers. But we don't understand His answers. We can't understand them. Because they come from the depths of the soul, and they stay there until death. You will find the true answers...only within yourself!"

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.

[This message has been edited by spanisheyes (edited 03-16-2002).]

I first read this book back in junior high, and probably about 5 times since then, what a great and moving story... I'd recommend it to anyone!

Hmmmm.....why was my post edited?

------------------

Hello Lilly, I usually don't edit misspelling, but in the case of the word I fixed, it was a word that was pertinent to your writing, the only thing is now I can't remember which word it was. I would never change someone's writing or idea, but only a word misspelled if I felt that word was valuable to the understanding of what was being writtin. Sorry if I editted without your knowledge. If you would like me to not to that again, or to notify you first, I'd be more then happy to do that.

Chris

no, it's not like a problem or anything, I just couldn't find anything changed in there...so I was wondering what was up with that. I don't care if you edit me at all...go for it. In fact, you could edit this post to have me talk about how great you are or really anything you want. I'd probably laugh....then get 'unregistered' again magically and come back as a babyface....*bitter* Somehow I became unregistered and was demoted from a refugee to a war child. Not that I care about the demotion, I just don't understand the unregistered part.....this is SO not where this ranting belongs....but it's here, and it's up for editing. So whatever...
biggrin.gif

------------------

Well Lilly, even though I'm a moderator just for this forum. I have no idea how to change people's status, or other things you can change under your name. I'm not really into that. Also of course, I would never change anything that is in the context in your writing that would change it's original meaning. I'm also sorry that that happened to you as far as loosing your original status, and I hope you were able to get a reasonable explanation from Elvis.

Chris

[This message has been edited by spanisheyes (edited 03-20-2002).]

I talked to Sicy who said she'd talk to Elvis about it. She said it's just a mistake. So, I'm in the clear.
biggrin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lilly (edited 03-20-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom