Just sharing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the soul waits

New Yorker
Just sharing a thing that happened today..
My aunt has passed away and I was at church attending a mass for her (the funeral is tomorrow), and I felt so so so sad. But also kind of soothed by being in the church.
And when I got into my car and turned out the radio after mass, Sometimes you can't make it on your own started... it felt so weird to say the least, especially because it was that particular song, knowing who it was written for.. I felt comforted in a weird way.

Sorry, not much sense to this post, I just felt like getting this off my chest. Thanks for reading.

:hug: My condolences about your aunt. She must have been a wonderful person.

Spiritual things are very soothing in times of mourning. U2 songs are much the same way. When my grandmother died, "Kite" was a source of comfort for me.

God loves you and understands what you are going through, and He wants you to know that. Whether it's through a church service, a U2 song or some other way, He is comforting you.

Thanks for sharing that, it's tough to think that things like that are just coincidences. I don't think it's weird at all to feel comforted by that.

I'm sorry about your aunt :hug:

Thank you for your sympathy.
The funeral was yesterday and it was a beautiful ceremony.
Get this for weirdness .... as I got into my car to drive to the funeral, first song on the radio again was...you guessed it!
It put a smile on my face, gave me warm fuzzies...not because it was U2, but because it's U2 that opened my awareness of God lately (as I posted in the "does U2 influence your belief" thread). It was kind of symbolic to me.

Thanks again :)

Thanks for sharing all that, the soul waits. That has happened to me before in similar situations. Isn't God incredible? He knows exactly how to comfort us because he knows us down to the number of hairs on our head.

God bless you and your family during this tough time. I'll be praying for you guys. :hug:

Keep sharing your story!

That is a wonderful story soul. God knew what would comfort you and he found just the way to do it. :hug:

I've been listening to Kite a lot lately. My Gram is in hospice for cancer, and Kite, for one reason or another, has really helped soothe me.

My prayers to you and your family.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, SoBe, I hope her suffering is minimal.
I'm thankful that there's music that reflects our moods, our feelings, comforts us and reminds us of our strength that's just around the corner, even if we don't see it all the time.

Back
Top Bottom