Jesus, Jew, Mohammed, it's true...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(I don't understand why you would GUESS that - about what I thought - at all from what I wrote, and say so. To me, that is a sign to not trust a continued conversation with someone - that maybe they merely want to make trouble and will keep on saying dishonest things in order to do so. If I am wrong about your intention, sorry - I've dealt a lot with people with bad intentions before... In any case, I think you can figure out how to find those answers if you really want them.)

here,
I'm curious about something; would you mind quoting John 1:1 for me?

Would you mind showing photos of Palmyran, Hindu and Babylonian triune god-godhead artwork-artifacts-idol images (as found in some major museums); and explaining why Christendom has decided to adopt this same pattern for their "godhead"; and then when all Scriptures refuting the idea of there being a triune godhead are finally laid out on the table against the few that trinitarians pull out to use as their "proof texts" for defending the trinity concept; time and time again, those wanting to still hold on to the idea of a triune godhead finally answer, as have such church leaders, something to the effect of, "It is a mystery." The teaching of the trinity is held to be the central belief of the bulk of Christendom, but the bottom line thought on it, by officials of Christendom, is that it is "not understandable", "not knowable" - that it is "a matter of faith."

Ever read about the Emperor Constantine - what he did to better "unite" his kingdom? He encouraged eccumenalism between the "Christians" and the triune-godhead-worshiping pagans of his realm, calling their representatives to a counsel together...the result was a "Christian" triune godhead, the "holy trinity."

I used to belong to the Church that comprises the world's biggest sector of Christendom. I found I was emotionally attached to the trinity teaching and its mysterious nature. After I was shown some of the the MANY scriptural points eliminating the possibility of Yahweh being three beings rolled into one, all co-equal and all co-eternal; it was actually easy to let go of that emotional tie to a scripturally unsupported tradition. The "mystery" was replaced by a God, a Father I could relate to and talk to; Jesus - a Savior and Teacher I could be thankful for and understand lessons on faithfulness, obedience and loyalty (and more) from; and God's holy spirit - not a "ghost" or a person, but what it is: His active force, his active power, which I could feel, sense, and observe helping me and others learn and do God's will.

Also, for another thing, I was able to appreciate the Father - Son relationship between Jehovah and Jesus. Their expressions of love for each other, as well as the conversations they had between themselves as two individuals speaking from two different locations made crystal clear sense. I was also finally able to understand and appreciate the sacrifices made by both the Father and the Son as Yahweh watched in sadness as his Son Jesus was unrightfully tortured and killed; and how for the first time in eons, God's most precious firstborn Son was actually truly dead, and his Father was without him... Now Jesus, loyal and obedient to his God and Father in every way - having bought back the opportunity for faithful mankind to live forever again by exchanging the value of his perfect human life for that of our disobedient first father Adam's, thus releasing us as his children from his death sentence; and having provided a sacrifice big enough to cover for our own sins - sits at the right hand of God the Father.

They are preparing for Armageddon together, and are working together to see that the last of the good-hearted people are called out of the false religious institutions of the world before God suddenly brings them to a finish.

Yahweh has hated being misrepresented. It has also brought man harm and loss for them to have the identity and nature of their God confused - to feel distanced from their heavenly Father on account of him being explained as an unknowable mystery. (Revelation 18:4,5,8,21,23-24)

Last edited:
80sU2isBest said:
here,
I'm curious about something; would you mind quoting John 1:1 for me?

(And then I got to thinking......Maybe you were only kidding....)

No, I wasn't kidding, but I think I got the answer I was looking for, from your last post.

80's, yes I do, because people would still practice, but they would keep it to themselves. My feeling is it should be an entirely private thing. On the other hand, there is too much fighting about who is right and too many wars fought that were started due to religious beliefs. Ban it and at least one of our reasons for war wouldn't exist. (I am being a little flippant, but I am really tired of people judging each other and hurting each other over religion, I wish people would keep it in the closet)

Wow. I honestly tried to think of a reply, but the words escape me. I have no idea what to say to what you just said.

Faithful practicers of the global religion that already DOES NOT go to war and that preaches peace and righteousness to others based on flawless principles, straight from the Creator himself - the true religion - WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO COMPLY WITH DEMANDS OF MEN TO KEEP THEIR RELIGION TO THEMSELVES. That would be in conflict with express commands of the Almighty, so therefore, we would be obligated to "obey God as ruler rather than men" - just like the apostles. (Acts 5:29)

Ungodly humans (including leaders of false religion, especially those of Christendom) have worked (doing the will of Satan) to ban/silence Jehovah/Yahweh's human messengers before, many times. There are those who hate God's words and that do not want others to know about them, since God's written commands and principles expose and condemn wrong-doing and false religious teachings for what they are - unacceptable by the Creator's righteous standards. Some people would rather fight their Maker and his will for others to know life-saving truth than change their ways and quit practicing what God clearly says is wrong.

Examples of this occurred in a number of countries during WWII, with false religious leaders using their relationships with political leaders, including Hitler, to persuade them to issue bans against God's messengers. Religious leaders tried to use wartime hysteria/ patriotism to their advantage to convince rulers to do this; knowing that Christ's true followers follow the standard of politically neutrality, are not nationalistic in recognition of a global brotherhood, and conscientiously refuse to participate in military service - take up arms against their fellow men. (The churches of Christendom, in contrast, DID comply with those requests of Caesar - their choice was to obey man as ruler rather than God or Christ.) This continues to be a major way Satan gets his destructive work done - through corrupt relationships between false religions and the political (and commercial) elements of this world. (God will soon bring that to an end - he is sick of it blighting true spirituality and says that it is ruining our earth. He blames FALSE religion for being spiritually adulterous and spiritistic; and charges it with bloodguilt for "all those who have been slaughtered on the earth." - Revelation 11:18; 18:23,24.)

Being determined to carry out God's commands for true Christians to preach his words to the entire inhabited earth and make disciples of people of all nations (Matthew 24:14; 28:19,20 and more), despite even very strong oppostion, Jehovah/Yahweh's people have taken cases involving freedom of religion and freedom of speech to the Supreme Court of the United States as well as the European Court of Human Rights. Cases won in these places have helped ensure freedom of religion and freedom of speech for everyone in those realms.

However, true Christians are obedient to Jehovah/Yahweh and Jesus Christ, no matter what. For that reason, even in places where preaching God's scriptural messages to others IS under ban, it goes on anyway, successfully, one way or another. God uses his power to help, so does Jesus Christ and so do angels - because it IS God's will that this preaching and warning work be accomplished.

Satan and his forces - both spirit and human - will not quit their warring against God, Jesus Christ and the rest of "the woman's seed" and their companions/ his human messengers, until Armageddon. (Revelation 12:17)

Nevertheless, as the images in Isaiah so beautifully bring out, in fulfillment of prophecy, heavenly Zion, God's wife-like heavenly organization, who oversees this global preaching work, was raised up, in 1919. Never again will any institution of man or false religionists be allowed to bring "her" into "captivity" so as to bring the global preaching work to a standstill. Instead, it will pick up speed, no matter what opposers do. It will absolutely be carried out; and it will be brought to completion - soon. (Isaiah chapter 60.)

Everyone on earth will get their fair opportunity to hear of Jehovah/Yahweh's scriptural truth about him and his incoming heaven-based Kingdom for this earth, to be headed by Jesus Christ. Everyone will get their chance to learn more if they want to, and then choose whether or not they wish to submit to true God-rule rule in their lives - which would mean obeying God's scriptural commands and principles; and worshiping him on his own terms. (That would include dedicating oneself to do God's will, getting baptized as a public declaration of that; and associating with other humans around the world who have also chosen to serve the One God, in united, brotherly love.)

Then will come the crash of Satan's world empire of FALSE religion (Revelation 18:4,5); then Armageddon to clear out any remaining forces in oppostion to God's righteousness (Revelation 19:11-20). Then comes the peaceful new world system here at last. (Revelation 21:1-4)

Last edited:
80sU2isBest said:
Wow. I honestly tried to think of a reply, but the words escape me. I have no idea what to say to what you just said.

80s it would be completely beneath you to dignify such a pathelic statement with a response. :wink:

I am really thinking that this thread has spun so out of control as to be beyond help. If people who call themselves "people of faith" (of some sort or another) can't even co-exist, I have little hope for the rest of the world. :|

Unless someone has a serious objection, this thread is respectfully retired.

-sula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom