Ideal Spiritual U2 Concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Craig Tasker

The Fly
From all their albums what would the ideal spiritual concert by U2 song set list of 19 songs look like so that it would be a spiritual experience "rock and roll church" in the stadium?

Here's my "spiritual" set list.

Streets
Tomorrow
UTEOTW
Drowning Man
MLK
IGWSHA
God Part II
ISHFWILF
POE
Ocotober
Wake Up

The First Time
The Wanderer
Please
One

Grace
Walk On

Here's mine!

1. Gloria
2. Fire
3. Tomorrow
4. October
5. God Part II
6. ISHFWILF
7. WTSHNN
8. Wake Up Dead Man
9. The Playboy Mansion
10. Please
11. Mysterious Ways
12. Acrobat
13. Heartland
14. Kite
15. Elevation
16. Pride {In the Name of Love}
17. One
18. 40
19. Walk On

That would be a great U2 concert for me! I am probably going on their next tour! {Which will be my first time to see them.}

Last edited:
Hmm, let's see ...

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Will Follow
3. Gloria
4. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
5. Until The End Of The World
6. Fire
7. Mysterious Ways
8. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
9. Wake Up Dead Man
10. October
11. Tomorrow
12. Drowning Man
13. With A Shout (Jerusalem)
14. Rejoice
15. When Love Comes To Town
16. In God's Country
17. Exit

18. If God Will Send His Angels
19. Acrobat
20. One
21. Surrender
22. Scarlet --> Grace (does some kind of morph/link like An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart)
23. MLK
24. Walk On
25. 40

Sorry, I went over a bit, but I couldn't help myself ...

Wouldn't that be a nice concert to go to ...

1. Tomorrow
2. Beautiful Day
3. Drowning Man
4. In God's Country
5. Please
6. Pride
7. With a Shout (Jerusalem)
8. Acrobat
9. Walk On
10. 40
11. The First Time
12. Gloria
13. The Unforgettable Fire
14. I Still Haven't Found what I'm Looking For
15. Wake Up Dead Man
16. Love is Blindness
17. Fire
18. One
19. October

I don't know if I would like an entire spiritual U2 concert... cuz I like all the bright lights and jump and dance and scream... i don't like when people compares U2's music with church music :|

Last edited:
I'd just be really happy if U2 threw "40" back into their concert endings. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Walk On ending but ending the concert with "40" would harken back to the glory days of 80s and bring a fresh spiritual sense.

Opening
The Fly
Elevation
Exit / Gloria
Until The End Of The World
MLK
I Will Follow
All Because of You
If God Will Send His Angels
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
One Step Closer

Acoustic Set
Angel Of Harlem
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
The Wanderer

Encore
When I Look At The World
Crumbs From Your Table
Please
In God's Country
Gloria
One
40 (Bono/Edge Acoustic Version)

The Captain said:
Did they always used to end with 40 booster?

40 is U2's most prolific concert closer. From 26 February 1983 to 10 January 1990, it closed 305 concerts (actually, it closed more, but we don't have setlists for a few concerts from the War Tour). Since then, it has closed 5 more shows - four on Popmart and one at a pre-Elevation promo gig. This total of 310 is approximately three times larger than that of the second most prolific closer, Walk On.

From 26 February 1983 to 10 January 1990, I'd estimate about only 20-30 concerts did not close with 40. I really should count them up one day to find the exact figure. I may go do that now.

Comprehensive information about concert opening and closing shows can be found in the link in my signature.

Axver said:
From 26 February 1983 to 10 January 1990, I'd estimate about only 20-30 concerts did not close with 40. I really should count them up one day to find the exact figure. I may go do that now.

I was pretty close. 38 U2 appearances between 26 February 1983 and 10 January 1990 were NOT closed with 40. However, that includes promo television appearances and such.

20 full tour concerts (i.e. excluding promo appearances and mini-sets) from 26 February 1983 to 10 January 1990 were not closed by 40. The most frequent alternate closer was With Or Without You, used nine times, then Love Rescue Me four times and Pride thrice.

Back
Top Bottom