I just watched a video that says U2 are agents of Satan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rachel D.

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Here's the link if you wanna see for yourself:

http://www.goodfight.org/e_u2.html

It's another one of those things where they say that U2 are evil and takes lyrics and concert footage out of context and/or too seriously. And it's narrated by what sounds like a surfer dude. I would laugh at it, but I'm kind of apalled by it at the moment. It's the most extreme U2-is-evil argument I've ever seen.

*PLEASE keep in mind that this is not typical Christian behavior.*

The problem with the internet, it's so lightly regulated that it can just become a free-for-all for freaks, sado's and extremists who would never get their bizarre ramblings published in mainstream news media. I imagine that link, which I have no intention of looking it, is a case in point.

There was a thread on this video about a month ago. Basically, we decided that U2 are on the side of God, not the devil. :)

yeah i posted that about a month ago (although as it turns out someone had posted it before me too). i thought it was flippin hilarious and me and my friends had a jolly old laugh at the loonies' expense. but if psycho crazy bible-thumper types get to ya, i would reccomend you do what financeguy did and just dont watch it.

its pretty good tho

"some people have always seen me with horns" :lmao:

Rachel D. said:
*PLEASE keep in mind that this is not typical Christian behavior.*

That's right. I've seen it before. This guy is flat-out lying and deliberately misrepresenting U2's career and art.

There's something about 'bearing false witness' in the Bible from memory.

They mentioned something about what an upside-down cross symbolizes (Bono had one on a necklace during "Helter Skelter"), but I didn't catch what they said (if anything). Does anyone know what it means and if Bono was trying to get some point across with it? I've seen it other places, like in the Gorillaz video for "Clint Eastwood," for example, but I don't know what it means.

Last edited:
I'M SURE THEY CAN FIND SOMETHING DEVILISH IN IT.

NOT SPEAKING FOR BONO'S INTENT, BUT I BELIEVE WHEN PETER WAS CRUCIFIED, HE ASKED TO BE CRUCIFIED UPSIDE DOWN BECAUSE HE WAS NOT WORTHY OF BEING CRUCIFIED THE SAME WAY CHRIST WAS.

Rachel D. said:
They mentioned something about what an upside-down cross symbolizes (Bono had one on a necklace during "Helter Skelter"), but I didn't catch what they said (if anything). Does anyone know what it means and if Bono was trying to get some point across with it? I've seen it other places, like in the Gorillaz video for "Clint Eastwood," for example, but I don't know what it means.

That necklace is a necklace I have seen Bono wearing before. It is not an upside down cross. I can only thik that something musta have snagged on the cross and that's why it seemed to be upside down when he was holding it. I have pictures of Bono wearing that same cross with the black string....it's just an ordinary cross.

You asked what an inverted cross means? It means that person rejects the symbolism/purpose of The Cross and identifies with Satanic beliefs. It's basically a Satanic symbol....for example you see an inverted cross in the movie Rosemary's Baby.

The cross in question is actually a cross he wore a lot during the JT/ R&H days. It's a cross with four equal sides(I know there is a technical name but I can't remember right now) instead of the more traditional cross with the elongated bottom post. But the 4 equal sided cross has a decortive piece from which it hangs on the black cord, therefore looking upside down.

I'm sure any PLEBEAN can find you a picture.

That would make a great film or book wouldn't it?

Young up and coming rock star sells his soul to the devil in exchange for being the biggest and best band in the world. Is happy to embrace this while his band are on the way up, but then the band reaches it's peak, right at the top, and he realises that what he's done is very, very wrong and starts using his and the bands position and music to try and change the world for good and to promote God's word, all in an attempt to redeem himself in the eyes of God.

Anyway, as you were...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I'm sure any PLEBEAN can find you a picture.

My name is Stars, and I'm a PLEBAn. :reject:

5otws8

some info about the rose cross

The Rosicrucian rose is another form of the Rose or Rosy Cross, a Christian symbol originating in the first century. It was adopted as a Hermetic occult symbol during the English Renaissance and was popularized by the Nineteenth century magical order the Golden Dawn.

The cross symbolizes resurrection and rebirth, the earth axis, and the world of matter; the rose, the unfolding nature of spiritual growth, the blood of Christ, awakening. The two symbols combined show thew triumph of the spiritual over the material.

The history of the Rose Cross is an unusual one. It has been linked with the equilateral red cross used by the Knights Templar. The appearance of the rose cross in "Christian" art is often taken as a secret communication of heresy- the worship of the Goddess Venus, or even secret tantric sex practices.

For example, a Catholic rosary, spread flat reveals a symbol of the planet Venus- a circle surmounting a cross. If one draws a line connecting the five beads of the "mysteries" (that is, the five large beads in the circle), a pentagram is formed- the "Rose of Venus." The pentagram is a symbol of the Planet Venus, as it is the shape it forms on its travels through the heavens. The name "rosary" means "garland of roses," and early Rose Cross imagery mimicked the shape of the rosary.

Re: Re: I just watched a video that says U2 are agents of Satan!

Bad Templar said:

That's right. I've seen it before. This guy is flat-out lying and deliberately misrepresenting U2's career and art.

There's something about 'bearing false witness' in the Bible from memory.

It's disgusting. These kind of people make us Christians look bad. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom