i just got BAPTIZED!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ali Rose

New Yorker
PARTY!!! :dance:

Yep its something I've been wanting to do for awhile now, and since i just joined this new church, they had a baptism celebration tonight and i just got baptized!!! :D

and AND i met some cool new gals my age tonight (also being baptized) :hyper: and we're gonna all go to this singles group thingy next Sunday before the late service. SO i dont have to go alone and be al scared!!! oh I'm so excited I've been praying SOO hard for some good Christian friends my age....Things are starting to look up for me.

Just thought I'd share some good news.

and by the way...ITS GREAT TO BE BACK!!!! (I took a Lenten Interference leave and I really did get alot out of it :D )

:hugs: all around.

Excellent News!! You have been obedient to the Lord and shown the world that you have new life - the life of Christ!

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me" Galatians 2:19

"Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism unto death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." Romans 6:4

"Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; all things are made new."

hey tiff was it one of those head to toe baptisms....or was it one of those ones where they kinda just throw water on you?

Whoo hoo... congrats!!! :happy:

I don't really believe in that baptism where they just sprinkle water on your head. Isn't baptism supposed to symbolize rebirth... thus the getting dunked underwater and coming back up new? Anyway, I'm thinking of getting baptized.. yayness. My youth pastor said there's a date in 2 weeks, whoo i'm kind of excited but confused as in whether i should do it..so soon.. =\

WOW!

You're the first person I've evr known of (personally, not just like, a atory) where an adult has gotten batized (granted, I'm from a very small, Italian Catholic town where everyone is baptized a few months after birth). Needless to say, your story is very encouraging and uplifting. Congrats! :hug:

Natztar said:
Whoo hoo... congrats!!! :happy:

I don't really believe in that baptism where they just sprinkle water on your head. Isn't baptism supposed to symbolize rebirth... thus the getting dunked underwater and coming back up new? Anyway, I'm thinking of getting baptized.. yayness. My youth pastor said there's a date in 2 weeks, whoo i'm kind of excited but confused as in whether i should do it..so soon.. =\

Well, the important thin, of course, is the fact that you've been reborn, so the timing of baptism isn't all that important. However, Christ does tell us to do it, to show those who love us where our allegiance is now, and also, as you so correctly say, to symbolize rebirth. Heck, I'd say do it as soon as you can. I see no reason not to. Alll this coming from a man whom, for some unknown reason, didn't get baptized until 2 years after he'd been saved...

Congratulations and blessings to you Ali Rose!! That's such great news! :hug:

I had my own brother baptize me in Lake Michigan years ago in front of my whole family (who'd been praying for me for 20 years!).

May you continue to walk in His ways.... :yes:

disco

80sU2isBest said:

Well, the important thin, of course, is the fact that you've been reborn, so the timing of baptism isn't all that important. However, Christ does tell us to do it, to show those who love us where our allegiance is now, and also, as you so correctly say, to symbolize rebirth. Heck, I'd say do it as soon as you can. I see no reason not to. Alll this coming from a man whom, for some unknown reason, didn't get baptized until 2 years after he'd been saved...

True, though I've been kind of confused lately. My faith in God has been really crappy these days.. like I just went on this easter camp where i saw in front of my eyes people falling to their knees and stuff in front of God.. (including me) but I still have that.. how could he be REAL.. how could the world have just started with nothing but God??? Argh. I'm really confusing myself...

Ali Rose, Im chiming in late but wanted to tell you how great this is, baptism is an amazing thing for yourself and as a testament to others that attend of your new commitment to Christ!

:up:

Natztar said:

True, though I've been kind of confused lately. My faith in God has been really crappy these days.. like I just went on this easter camp where i saw in front of my eyes people falling to their knees and stuff in front of God.. (including me) but I still have that.. how could he be REAL.. how could the world have just started with nothing but God??? Argh. I'm really confusing myself...
Well, I understand those questions; I guess we've all had them. More importantly, God understands them. However, it's all about faith. If we could see it all in front of our eyes, it would be sight, not faith. Paul tells us we "walk by faith, not by sight". Jesus told Thomas "You have seen and believe. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe." When negative thoughts start to be generated in my mind, I say to myself "Okay, this is a feeling, an emotion, and I know that emotions and feelings are often lies, and not indicative of the truth. I choose to look past the feelings and stare into the face of truth that I know is Jesus Christ. Despite my emotions at this particular moment, I choose to believe in the truth". Try this, and i think you will be surprised at the peace that will flood your soul.

Ali,

good to hear you are growing in your faith and finding new friends to grow with you as well! Just curious, as a fellow Twin Citian, what church you're talking about? I'm still looking...I would have PM'ed you but I don't have the "Premium" access to do it, so I'd understand if you don't want to give out specifics here...perhaps just general location/size/affiliation? Thanks much!

Fermi.lab,

I don't know Ali's church (very cool news, Ali, btw), but as another fellow Twin Citian, I would be glad to recommend some churches, depending on where in the Cities you're at. Of course, first on my list is my church, in the east metro (Woodbury). I'd be glad to give you details or other suggestions if you're interested, but don't want to presume anything.

-Spiral

Speaking of Twin Citians and churches...I just got back from being gone about 8 months and am going to be doing a bit of church shopping myself. Spiral, drop me an email (sulawesigirl@isic.org) sometime if you wouldn't mind. :)

Spiral,

I'd love to hear any suggestions you can throw out there. I'm around the NE Mpls area, just moved to a house but unfortunately we moved further from the church we'd been attending, which had also recently moved further out in the opposite direction as well. So anything <30 min. is within consideration. Your suggestions are appreciated!

Fermi

Thanks Everyone!!! :hug:

Fermi I'd be glad to tell you which church i have been attending...Mines more in the NW Suburbs...not too far from MPLS tho. I absolutely LOVE IT. Sunday has become my favorite day of the week and I"ve met SOO many people here...I tried emailing you but i see you have that option off as well...

Shoot me an email @ tivy21@hotmail.com if you'd like. :) BTW there are MANY Twin Citians here on the board! Welcome!! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom