HTDAAB - More Biblical Content

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
It looks like HTDAAB will be filled with Biblical content simply based on the song titles:

1. Vertigo
2. Miracle Drug
3. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
4. Love And Peace Or Else
5. City Of Blinding Lights
6. All Because Of You
7. A Man And A Woman
8. Crumbs From Your Table
9. One Step Closer
10. Original Of The Species
11. Yahweh

City of Blinding Lights – Revelation 21:23 - The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.

Crumbs from Your Table – Matthew 15:26-28 - He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs." "Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table." Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Yahweh – it is appropriate as an instrumental as in the Jewish tradition, one does not speak God’s name out of reverence for His holiness.

I could speculate on the other songs, but I'm sure the lyrics will answer for themselves.

NB are we on the same page or what? You beat me to the punch!

nbcrusader said:

Yahweh – it is appropriate as an instrumental as in the Jewish tradition, one does not speak God’s name out of reverence for His holiness.

I could speculate on the other songs, but I'm sure the lyrics will answer for themselves.

Looks like this one has lyrics, but I really like the other speculations and observations...you too dread I really liked your interpretation of Vertigo.

Back
Top Bottom