Funny U2 - Church Link

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
sula and I were just talking about this...er, singing over MSN about this!!!!

That's so cool!

------------------
BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

You can dream, so dream out loud!

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

g'head! Sing it! We all dare ya
wink.gif

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.
biggrin.gif

Deb D

Aww...how lucky can you get?
biggrin.gif
The one Psalm we know somewhat intimately...

I saw a funny? interesting? thing at church tonight...this is from the church bulletin on new classes:

An interactive class with discussion about pop culture's influence on the search for spiritual truth and meaning. Some of the interesting topics we'll look at are: The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, the Matrix and U2.

!!!!!!!!!!! How cool is that???
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 01-19-2002).]

Disco!!!!

How feckin cool is that!!!!
biggrin.gif

You're going to that class right?

You have to go and represent all us U2ers!

Woohoo!
biggrin.gif

Disclaimer: I've had a rather exciting evening so forgive me
biggrin.gif

------------------

You can dream, so dream out loud!

I thought y'all might appreciate this...

I'm a lay reader at my church, and tomorrow is my turn. We read two lessons, and lead the church in the Psalm of the day. So anyway, I'm looking through my Episcopal Eucharistic Lectionary book today, to read through what I have to read tomorrow, in case any words pop up that I can't pronounce... and I get to the Psalm and I read...

I waited patiently upon the Lord:
he stooped to me and heard my cry...

LMAO it's Psalm 40! I started laughing and my husband asked why - I said of all the Psalms that would come up on MY day to read, it would be 40. hahahaha

<---- trying to imagine the faces of the congregation if I break into song.
wink.gif

Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

[This message has been edited by Crzy4Bono (edited 01-19-2002).]

*breaks into song*

how lonnnnnnng to sing this sonnnnnng?
how lonnnnnnnng, how lonnnnnng, how lonnnnng, how lonnnnnng....

biggrin.gif

-sula

Disco,

You've definitely got to go to that class!!! (of course, if you have time, 'cause they'll probably ask you to present on U2, once they find out you're an expert professor on the subject!!)

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

OK so I didn't sing... I chickened out... but it was still cool.
biggrin.gif

My husband made me play "40" in the car on the way home so he could compare it.
hahahaha

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

oh blargh! Well, sorry kids, I didn't go to the class...the weird thing about my church is even tho they have a Sat. night church service, their classes are still "Sunday school" and are on Sunday mornings--when I'm sleeping--which is the very reason I attend Sat. night church in the first place!
smile.gif
But I may call the church and see if there are some notes on the class that I can get....would love to know what they're discussing in more detail...

p.s. hippy - hope it was a 'good' exciting and not a 'bad'exciting night you had...
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 01-20-2002).]

Ack! I hate when things happen while I'm sleeping
wink.gif

Disco, it was a very GOOD exciting evening...Here's a little of what happened...As I was going to dinner I stopped and checked the mail and lo and behold...there was this package from sula which contained 6 hours of U2 footage...then my friends and I went to see a movie and we were hanging out in Virgin Megastore waiting for it to start and what are they playing? Boston Elevation! I stood there and sang along in the middle of the store...then we went and saw (and this just made the evening really really wonderful) Beauty and the Beast on the IMAX screen! It was fabulous...

So that was my exciting evening after which I posted that last message! (And now I'm getting hyper all over again just thinking about it
wink.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

biggrin.gif
*wants to be there when hippy watches the footage* Just remember, Bono plus WGRYWH video = never too much of a good thing.
wink.gif

Disco I think that's really cool! The later subject that is! Go on, tell us all that is said about these guys and their faith, music, etc,.! Should be interesting! peace..

Back
Top Bottom