Ever had an experience with an Angel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

One Tree Still

Acrobat
I believe I have...

It was about 7 years ago and I was getting cash from a cash machine in a relatively safe neighborhood, but it was about 2am, so I wasn't being very smart.

Anyway, about 10 seconds after I inserted my card, an SUV pulls up behind me and stops, but they didn't pull into a parking space, they pulled up directly behind me, like this...

Me............()
SUV.......>>>>

I wasn't going to turn around 'cause I didn't want to appear suspicous, even though I was pretty nervous. I heard the door on the car open (the music inside got a lot louder) and I was just getting ready to turn around to defend myself (this all happened very quickly) when a really nice guy walks out from around the corner of the bank - from behind the bank - smiles at me, and then stands next to me.

Immediately, the car door shut and the car drove away really quickly. My heart was pounding and I grabbed my cash and left as quickly as possible.

When I took a minute to sort it all out (and thank God profusely) I remembered feeling extremely threatened when the car pulled up and zero threat from the guy who appeared from nowhere.

His presence - or however he appeared to the guy(s) in the SUV was definitely the deterrent to them.

I left quickly because my adrenaline was pumping like crazy, but now I wish I had stayed to thank the guy.

Wow, that's an incredible story. I do believe in angels, whether they take human form or not. I'm not sure if I've ever been 'saved' by one or anything like that. But maybe I have and I didn't see or know it the way you did.

I like to believe that during my toughest days and times, some sort of angelic presence (sent by God maybe) is there to comfort and help me. I actually did see a vision of one once-and it wasn't in a dream. It was beautiful.

I've read many books on the subject, and I think it's fascinating.

Wow.. great story.

I have a lot to say on this subject, but I will first tell you mine before others.

I was driving down the highway and I admit, I am a fast driver (but aren't we all in Boston?!) so there is a yellow light and I start to speed up and then I get this HUGE tightening in my chest. I have asthma, but normally nothing this severe. So I slowed the car so I could get my inhaler and take it. I seize my inhaler, look up as I'm coming to a stop so I could use it, and see that the car in front of me had prematurely stopped for the red light. I would never have guessed they'd slow down, and if it hadn't been for my "asthma attack" i would have plowed right into them.
Oh yeah and when I saw the car in front me as I slowed- my chest immediately was able to breath and the asthma attack disappeared.

Another time was a few months ago. My roommate had gone to bed after running the dishwasher. I was exhausted but writing on the computer, and planned on jumping in bed- i didn't need to go in the other room again. So a few minutes before I wrap things up the dishwasher starts to go NUTS, like all slamming agains the wall and stuff!! it had never done that before! (or since!) Anyway I go out there to see what the heck is going on... my roommate had left the burner on. It could have started a fire and that would have been that.

I love my angel.
sa48.gif

I've never heard of such stories, but I'd like to believe in something like that. However I can't.............Stupid rational thinking doesn't let space for so many mysterious things........ :( But it would be fascinating if something like those angels would really exist.......and it would surely be helpful in some cases. :yes:

here's another story. I don't know if you'd file it under angel story or the power of prayer but it's always stayed with me.

i went to a "Babtist" church a few times when I was in high school and the preacher told of a true story that happened to his missionary friend. (I may have the # of men and the location incorrect, but the idea is accurate)

The missionary told this story when he was back in the United States in front of his congregation: The missionary was travelling in Africa, in between villages. The last village he was at had warned him about a gang of boys/men who were going from village to village stealing, sometimes killing. However he had to get to the next village by a certain day, so he kept going, praying to God for safety and trusting he'd arrive unharmed. He camped out on road on his travels, the next day arriving at his destination.

At the next village a teenager approached him and told him he should thank his friends for being with him the night before. Confused, the missionary asked what he was talking about. The boy said he and his friends had been following him, and had planned on stealing his belongings and then killing him that night. However, when they approached the makeshift campsite where the missionary was resting that night, they saw a group of about 12 men standing around him, staring them down. The teenager said that's the only reason he was alive.

The missionary was relating this story to the congregation, when one of the men in the church stands up and excuses himself, then begins speaking.

"That night you are speaking of, I felt this incredible urge to pray for you. So I called the other brothers of the church together and we all came here to pray. Would all the brothers who prayed with me that night please stand?"

And one by one, they stood.... all 12 of them.

WOW....awesome stories!

your stories gave me goosebumps, girls! (Olive, stop driving like Bono!) :) I know there are angels out there who "cross the line" between spirit and human, but I'll relate two stories to you. Olive, I heard that same story in church once myself, only it was a missionary who was in a remote African village in a little hand-made hut, and supposedly there were many large "warriors" standing around/guarding his hut that night from the people who wanted to kill him. :up:

This first story I happened to see on TV last night. You know all the big fires going on out west? A pastor in AZ, who lived out a distance from the closest town, was told by a fire fighter that his house was safe, because it was on the "other side of the ridge" and fire typically stops at the top of a ridge and burns itself out. But one morning, as he was getting dressed, he said he heard very clearly: "pack up your house and get out now!" So he went with his gut and did just that - packed up everything they could and drove off. Before he left, he called a fellow pastor to pray for him and his family. This other pastor was that night leading a youth group at the church for kids about 9-12 years old. All of the kids lifted the pastor up in prayer, and a couple days later (after the fire was out) when the pastor went back to check on his house, everything around the house was charred and gone - trees, grass, bushes, other houses - but his house had not a mark on it, not even a smudge from the smoke. WOAH. :ohmy:

But this story hits home most with me, because it happened to the sister of my sister's boyfriend a few years back. She was driving home from out of town at night, and passed a couple of hitch-hikers on the road. A little further up the road, she saw a man hitching, and for *some reason* picked him up! (she said she NEVER did that, esp. because she was a lone woman, but she felt compelled to do it). So he gets in, he's very nice, they just kind of chat for a bit, then are quiet for a couple miles. Suddenly he looks over at her with this piercing LOOK, says "Be ready....Jesus is returning soon!" She looked back at the road for a split second, looked back at him...and he was *gone*. :eek: No lie. She was going about 50 mph, so she said there was no way he would have simply jumped out. She nearly drove off the road when it happened, and even tho she was freaked out, she felt a peace about it too.

Wild, huh??? "SHE" moves in mysterious ways for sure!

:shocked:

thanks that totally spooked me out!! Disco warn me next time for "scary" stories like that!!!! my imagination is bad enuf!!!!!

Here's a really cool one...

There's a guy in Belfast (friend of a friend) who does street ministry with homeless and troubled kids.

He typically works all night and returns home in the morning. Needless to say, he encounters some pretty scary stuff.

Not long after his ministry started, he had just gotten off the bus one morning and 3 young, rough, guys approached him. One of them snatched the hat off his head and they all ran away. Brian (not his real name) foolishly took off after them to get his hat back.

Brian was able to catch the guy who had his hat a few blocks down the street. Brian grabbed him and the guy turned around and said "You're messing with the wrong guys Brian" and slashed Brian's throat with a knife.

Brian fell to his knees, clutching his throat. He was only a block or so from home and managed to get himself there. His mother opened the door and was shocked to see Brian standing there clutching his throat, blood everywhere. She rushed off to call the ambulance but within moments, Brian realized that despite the blood that was all over him, his neck had been completely healed.

He didn't have a scratch on him.

I know this story seems totally improbable, but my friend was told about it first-hand, from Brian, when he was in Belfast on a summer mission trip a few years ago. Pretty amazing.

Just a reminder that the spirit realm is alive and well and that God prevails over evil. God wanted Brian to continue his ministry - even when the demons who slashed his throat (and knew his name) tried to thwart him.

Pretty cool!!!

I always felt kinda silly sharing this, but it's something that my mother will always believe...maybe I do too.

I used to have a golden retriever named Cody. He was getting old and had a hard time getting around sometimes. One day, we noticed a gray and white cat in our yard. He was so clean and beautiful...his white fur was as white as snow. We figured he must have a home, since he was so beautiful.

But the cat kept coming by our house. We already had Cody, plus another dog, 4 cats, and other critters, so we couldn't take in any other pets. But as winter started setting in, our hearts grew especially soft (Michigan winters can be so cool). Dad rigged up a plastic tub in the backyard with a kitty door and lots of blankets. He also put in a heat lamp, and we gave the cat food and water. I started calling him Jack Frost (Jack, for short), since he was our winter kitty.

Cody liked Jack...was always interested in what Jack was up to and was very sweet to him. Jack reciprocated the love and was also very kind to us.

More time went by, and Cody started having an even harder time moving around. My parents decided to take Cody to the vet, maybe to get some arthritis pills or something. However, the vet felt Cody's side and realized something was wrong. They discovered he had a large tumor that was filling up with blood and was going to burst. Cody had to be put to sleep.

The vet said that Cody probably had the tumor for about 3 months and that those last 3 months were probably filled with a lot of pain. Even in his pain, Cody remained a sweet and gentle creature.

We buried Cody that night. We also commented that we had not seen Jack that day. His food hadn't been touched.

A week went by. Then another. Since Cody had died, Jack Frost never returned. A thought occurred to my mom then. She asked, "How long has it been since Jack first started coming around?" We then figured out that Jack had been coming around for about 3 months.

Mom thinks Jack Frost was a feline angel that watched over Cody until he died. Even if it's not true, it's a comforting thought for us.

Bonochick.... :sad:

that was beautiful, and mysterious, and wonderful. How amazing and comforting to have had Jack for you and for Cody. Some pets are truly gifts from God for families, so I would believe Jack was there to help lessen Cody's pain, since he had been such a treat to you and your family.

OK, so on a more simpler term, me and my friend are/were convinced that we were being looked over by an angel when we went to a U2 show 1st leg in Chicago. We arrived later than we wanted (damn Ikea) and were pretty far back in line. Well, I hate to admit it but we did some not so kind things to move ahead. Earlier that day a fan was trying to organize the line by handing out playing cards with numbers on them. Without really asking around we found 2 cards, from 2 different people and thus got in the heart. It was magical and mystical..I guess words can not describe. And oh yeah, I am at work now, and on our piped in music station Kite just came on! See - there is an U2 angel!

My sister and I believe that we had an encouter with angels we know only as "Robert" and "Daddy" - - that's what they called each other.
We were driving back to Va. from visiting our cousins in NJ and my sister's car broke down. (I was about 15 or 16 and she was 30.)
We were by ourselves, and she pulled off the road and we rolled up our windows and made sure all the doors were locked, knowing someone would stop sometime and not feeling sure we liked that idea.
Sure enough, a car from Mississippi pulled up behind us and my sister told me, "let me talk" and when a man approached her car, she cracked the window and let him know we were fine and thanks for stopping, blah blah. He explained that he had experience fixing cars and if she'd just pop the hood, he'd take a look. She complied, rolling her window back up tight. His son soon joined him from the car. They looked under the hood and did something that would allow us to drive to the next exit to get to a service station. They insisted they follow us. It was a Sunday and an open station might be hard to find. We figured being around a more public place would be smart, considering this road wasn't very busy. We agreed and they followed us to a station at the next exit. "Daddy" spoke with the mechanic and got an estimated time that the car would be ready. "Daddy" and "Robert" also insisted they stay and wait with us so that they knew the car ran safely before we left for the rest of the trip home. During this time of talking, we learned that they were a father and son on business in NJ from Mississippi. I don't remember too many more details about our conversation, but I do remember thanking them for staying with us and they insisted it was no trouble - they were just on their way home. Well, the car was soon ready and after my sister paid the station, "Robert" and "Daddy" got back into their car from Mississippi and followed us onto the highway as promised. My sister watched them (in the mirror) follow her from the entrance ramp onto the main road and we commented on how grateful we were that we were safe and had help from nice people. About that time, my sister looked again in the rear view mirror, and they were GONE. No car. No exit ramp in between our entrance and where we now were. Vanished. We even slowed down, in case they were just slow. But, they were gone. I guess their "business" in NJ was truly done. We have always called them our "angels, known as 'Robert' and 'Daddy.'"
Jennifer :yes:

Last edited:
I believe angels can come in various forms...
When i was about 6 we lived in a ranch area. I'm madly in love with horses, and one day my mom and i stopped to pet this one horse that lived nearby. He was just hanging his head over the rail casually, so we stopped and went over and began petting him, feeding him grass, etc.
This car with a man inside drove past us, went around the block, did it again, and then finally drove slowly torwards us, then pulled over to the curb and stopped.
The horse, who had been calm and friendly before, suddenly turned his head and stared at the car. His ears flicked forward and he just began watching him.
The car door opened and the man got out and begand walking slowly torwards us.
We were still standing there talking to and admiring the horsey, but then he suddenly reared up and began squealing and shrieking, he lashed out with his legs, tossed his head, and just made a terrible ruckus.
The guy backed away, turned around, got into his car and took off.
Horsey returned to being his normal calm self, we praised him, and went on our way. :heart: :angel:

got2k9s said:

My sister watched them (in the mirror) follow her from the entrance ramp onto the main road and we commented on how grateful we were that we were safe and had help from nice people. About that time, my sister looked again in the rear view mirror, and they were GONE. No car. No exit ramp in between our entrance and where we now were. Vanished.

*CHILLS!*

awesome...

Miss Mac- I totally agree with you! Animals have such a good sense about people too- my dog (Moses :love: ) he lovessss the milkman. But we got a new milkman and this one is really sketchy and says inappropriate things to my sister- right off the bat Moses growls when he comes in and is quite defensive. He also used to dislike (now ex)boyfriends of ours ;)

I love these stories :heart:

Back
Top Bottom