Corrupt Christian Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar said:

:| :huh: :|

Nevermind...I don't want to start a debate, but one should be careful with comments like this.

My comment was a reply to a post that was on the second or third page, of this thread. Where another person, discussed what was said about Rich Mullens and Corrupt Christian Music's critizisim of his personal choice, to study Catholicism. And yes, a good many people at my Catholic parish do volunteer work. But, I was not implying in anyway that Catholics are the ONLY ones that help their communities. There are volunteers from all religions, non-religious, nationalities, ages, etc. In the city where I live. And everyone of them, are a blessing!

And as far as being careful, with comments like this. I'm unclear, as to what you are saying to me.

What a bunch of wankers...

first of all I think that labeling U2 as a Christian Group is a huge mistake... because they are not preaching anything to anybody, yes, they talk about God in many songs, in a very personal way, but they are not trying to convince you of anything, you take what you want freely and you know that they are human beings with a very sincere point of view, with an spiritual side and a worldly one, like all normal people.

Second, that quotes are so out of context... please, and that photo of Bono kissing Liam is like a desperate way of showing us how "Corrupt" is Bono, I just laughed when I saw it.

U2zoogirl said:
What a bunch of wankers...

first of all I think that labeling U2 as a Christian Group is a huge mistake... because they are not preaching anything to anybody, yes, they talk about God in many songs, in a very personal way, but they are not trying to convince you of anything, you take what you want freely and you know that they are human beings with a very sincere point of view, with an spiritual side and a worldly one, like all normal people.

Agreed. Bono himself has said that he doesn't think that you need to preach this kind of thing to anybody. And he's right. All that does is turn people off, not make them more willing to believe.

I'm glad that U2 doesn't preach one set religious belief. I'm glad that their songs are open to people of all various belief systems.

Originally posted by U2zoogirl
Second, that quotes are so out of context... please, and that photo of Bono kissing Liam is like a desperate way of showing us how "Corrupt" is Bono, I just laughed when I saw it.

Exactly.

That site is really...yeesh. Those are the kinds of religious people I'm wary of.

Angela

Inis said:

My comment was a reply to a post that was on the second or third page, of this thread. Where another person, discussed what was said about Rich Mullens and Corrupt Christian Music's critizisim of his personal choice, to study Catholicism. And yes, a good many people at my Catholic parish do volunteer work. But, I was not implying in anyway that Catholics are the ONLY ones that help their communities. There are volunteers from all religions, non-religious, nationalities, ages, etc. In the city where I live. And everyone of them, are a blessing!

And as far as being careful, with comments like this. I'm unclear, as to what you are saying to me.

I apologize. I didn't see the context into which your comments were made. The full quote would have helped me. I saw it as a general response to the thread and was a little put off thinking you were implying that the authors of the website weren't obviously Catholic, but had to be of some other denomination or religion. No harm. Sometimes in these threads which are this long and old, a little more context helps. My bad I should have gone andl looked up the quote. That's why I went back and edited my original post because I was really unsure of what you were saying. Take care.

Last edited:
Thank You, Bono Vox Supastar. When I tried to post the quote I was referring to, only the last line came up. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Peace always, to you and yours!

Now he's got a link about The Passion Of The Christ movie, and how evil it is. :coocoo:

Oh, and a new and improved U2 section coming up soon. Gee, I can't wait. :| Wonder if he'll be using quotes from Lola Ca$hman's book like I suggested several pages back?

Yeah. like Bono being thrown into the pits of Hell. Because he likes to wear shoes that make him appear taller.

Moonlit_Angel said:
Bono himself has said that he doesn't think that you need to preach this kind of thing to anybody. And he's right. All that does is turn people off, not make them more willing to believe.

Precisely. I believe the exact quote was something about U2's music being their fish drawn in the sand, there for those who actually want to see it, not there for those who don't.

I dunno, I heard that the site isn't even done by a Christian, and if it is, guess reading the Bible isn't important.

David committed adultery and had the woman's husband killed.

Saul, who became Paul, put many a Christian to death.

The website owner even says that U2 songs are corrupt because they talk about like states of the world, depressing, or sing about women.

Song of Solomon, a love poem between a couple, has the website owner read any of the Psalms? The Bible doesn't hold anything back, or sugar coat how things happened.

Either this person has a very shallow understanding of what it means to be a Christian, or a rumour I heard, not even a Christian, but trying to poke fun at Christians.

thrillme said:
The website owner even says that U2 songs are corrupt because they talk about like states of the world, depressing, or sing about women.

Song of Solomon, a love poem between a couple, has the website owner read any of the Psalms? The Bible doesn't hold anything back, or sugar coat how things happened.

No kidding! What about all the times I've heard Christians tell others they're going to hell and all that? I don't exactly consider that uplifting talk.

And singing about women became a bad thing...when?

Originally posted by thrillme
Either this person has a very shallow understanding of what it means to be a Christian, or a rumour I heard, not even a Christian, but trying to poke fun at Christians.

If it's the first one, the person's off their rocker. If it's the second one, that's a pretty dead-on portrayal of Christian extremists. I'd never heard that rumor before...very interesting.

Angela

The "new and updated" U2 section is now up, and it's even more demented than the old one, if that's possible! (The link is right at the beginning of this thread, in case you're wondering.)

biff said:
The "new and updated" U2 section is now up, and it's even more demented than the old one, if that's possible! (The link is right at the beginning of this thread, in case you're wondering.)

Yes, it is, and it makes me sick. This jerk needs a proctologist to dislodge his head! :madspit:

I'm just so disgusted with this creep, words totally fail me. :scream: This is the kind of "christianity" (note the quote marks and lower-case "c") that drives people away from Jesus in droves.

I wonder if that website is a joke. There's no mention of who or what organization runs it.

This is just ignorant and a perfect example of profound stupidity:

Africa is one problem Bono wants everyone to think is the only problem, but many countries suffer today as
well. Mexico has a tremendous amount of poverty where innocent children are dying of health problems.
Israel has problems every day where men, women and children are dying from suicide bombers and constant
threat of war. The Phillippines have many families starving every day, while India continues to die from
disease. And although America appears prosperous she also suffers from disease, homelessness, and
oppressive government. All suffer because of their rejection of the Lord God Almighty.

So the've all rejected God. Now they care about Israel and Mexico, India. Please spare me. Well the God I believe in, Mister isn't short of cash or compassion. Whoever is over this website is just another extremist hate-monger that everyone has to be worried about. Only because their target of hate is to anyone trying to spread a bit of love in this world. This is a bitter person/group that only want's to spew it's hate to any deranged person that will listen. Unfortunately there are alot of those around. Terrorism in all it's glory and extremist form.
Thank God there are more of us than them, I hope.

~*Buffalo*~ said:
From the info given on Bono: "His favourite beverage is tea ..."

Goodness me, what an evil thing to drink. He'll go straight to hell for that.

The whole quote was, "His favorite beverage is tea, Jack Daniels and wine"

And we all know that Jesus NEVER drank wine... :rolleyes: Anybody got a clue-by-four I can smack this moron with? Not that it'll do any good...

I'm not too bummed they're picking on the boys, as other sites have tried to take a poke at them as well, so I'm used to it. Rather, it was this quote that got me:

But how can
anyone stop what God Himself has begun?! Therefore, to give financial help is to go against the hand of
God.

What?
I'm with Pearl. It has to be a joke. I cannot believe any christian could be that ignorantly cruel.

Last edited:
indigo tree said:

I'm with Pearl. It has to be a joke. I cannot believe any christian could be that ignorantly cruel.

Sadly, I can't agree. There's just way too much effort put into this site, and way too much openly anti-Catholic venom for this to be a joke. It's extremely disturbing, but there really are people who "think" this way. It's an eye-opener.:(

I've seen "Christian" websites like this that seem to have only one purpose and that's to bash Bono and U2.
Their reasons for attacking Bono is that he's doesn't go to church; he cares about sufferers for AIDS; he's a rock star;
etc.
I get the impression from reading this crap that they're just
jealous of his fame, and how dare Bono spread the word and
deeds of Christianity all by himself. He's not qualified, is their
motto.

Actually, if it's any consolation, the people behind this site appear to be equal opportunity hate mongers. They don't like any body. As they say, "Just as oil and water doesn't (sic) mix - neither does Rock and Christian".

I've seen similar websites, too, but they mentioned who was running the site and who was writing the articles. It would be some church or organization, and some minister would be writing all that irrational, hateful things.

But this website doesn't mention anyone, not even on the "Contact Us" section, where there's no church or organization mentioned. There's no address, phone or fax number, or a name listed.

Maybe instead of the website being a joke, maybe someone is just afraid to reveal who they are and is being a coward

Last edited:
Pearl said:
Maybe instead of the website being a joke, maybe someone is just afraid to reveal who they are and is being a coward

I really don't think the site is meant as a joke, but you might be right about the authors being afraid to identify themselves.
You could try emailing them, and asking them who they are affiliated with, or if they represent some organization. I'd be interested in their response. (They do provide an email address.)

biff said:

Sadly, I can't agree. There's just way too much effort put into this site, and way too much openly anti-Catholic venom for this to be a joke. It's extremely disturbing, but there really are people who "think" this way. It's an eye-opener.:(

You make a good point. I suppose I'm just in denial I guess.

indigo tree said:

You make a good point. I suppose I'm just in denial I guess.

Does it make you wish you could close your eyes and make it go away? (To paraphrase a great man who was also talking about religious intolerance.)

biff said:

I really don't think the site is meant as a joke, but you might be right about the authors being afraid to identify themselves.
You could try emailing them, and asking them who they are affiliated with, or if they represent some organization. I'd be interested in their response. (They do provide an email address.)

I did email them not long ago, a few weeks ago in fact, asking who they are affiliated with. The email as of now still remains unanswered.

RockNRollDawgie said:
I've seen "Christian" websites like this that seem to have only one purpose and that's to bash Bono and U2.
Their reasons for attacking Bono is that he's doesn't go to church; he cares about sufferers for AIDS; he's a rock star;
etc.

Yeah, that whole "Are you a 'true Christian' or not" thing...man, that attitude bugs me.

Originally posted by biff
Does it make you wish you could close your eyes and make it go away? (To paraphrase a great man who was also talking about religious intolerance.)

:yes: :up:.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom