Can anyone here suggest a good church in LA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gucci

Babyface
I hope this isn't too off-topic but it definitely pertains to U2. I've been a huge fan for the longest time and identify very closely with the spiritual beliefs of the band. For the longest time I've been searching for a church that personifies these values. When I was up in San Francisco a few years back I attended a church there called Glide.

I absolutely loved it.

Since then I've been searching for something similar in LA. It's a bad cliche I'm sure but I still haven't found what I'm looking for. I'd love to find a church where social activism is a very high priority and where the message is bibically based but not fundamentally so.

My reason for posting here is that I figured there might be some other U2 fans in LA that might have some recommendations. If anybody does, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!!!

where in LA are you gucci? There are a couple of great ones down in Orange County and I am sure there are some great Baptist ones in the heart of LA (real soul, black southern baptists that fills your soul with music). LA's a big place!!

I'm in West LA (Santa Monica to be specific). Orange County is too much of a drive but I don't have a problem heading in to the heart of LA. Agape is one that I've heard a lot of great things about so I definitely want to check that out one of these days. I'd love to know if anyone has any other suggestions.

I'm open. Ideally I would like something that is Christian (that's probably one of the reasons I haven't gotten to Agape yet) but in terms of denomination I don't have a strong inclination. Strong emphasis on social activism and a lot of diversity among the congregants would be great. Soulful music also a plus. :)

Back
Top Bottom