Bono mentioned in the Bible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kerrylives

The Fly
I'm new to this section of the forum. I mostly hang out in the Tour Central part and some of you might know me from the "Vision Over Visibility" DVD-boot. It's not without a reason I gave the DVD this particular name; I'm very aware of and interested in the spiritual side of the band.

Anyway, I want to bring up something I haven't seen discussed here before: Bible Codes and it's relation to the band and especially Bono. (For those unfamiliar with it I'd suggest this site: Bible Code Digest.com - Home Page [Bible Code Digest]. I discovered some very fascinating things that pose some questions as well.

Sir Isaac Newton was convinced the Bible Code existed and spent a good deal of his life on finding it, without much success. That could well be because Daniel 12:4 reads: "But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase." Could it be we've entered the time God speaks about in this verse and the book has finally been opened up now that we know of the Code and have the means (computer) to search for and fully comprehend it?

I suppose most of us know what Bono's favorite book of the Bible is: Psalms. It is in this book we find encoded the name "Paul Hewson". That in itself is something very interesting, but what makes it even more probable it was put there by an Encoder (rather than being there just by chance) is the fact the name "Bono" is directly next to it (twice). It is crossed by the words "Irish/Irishman" (3 times) and overwritten by "Catholic". Furthermore, clustered with "Bono" and "Paul Hewson" are the words "shading" and "eye". (It goes without saying our man is known for his sunglasses; anytime and anywhere.) Some more research learned this Code extends even further and reads a complete sentence: "His container Paul Hewson; strength, aura." (I couldn't agree more.)

Like I said earlier on, this Code is found in the book of Psalms. To be precise, the matrix crosses this particular verse: "With trumpets and sound of cornet make a joyful noise before the Lord, the King." (Psalms 98:6)

Hmm? Joyful noise? Where did we hear those words again? Ah, they're in Magnificent, arguably the most overtly Christian U2 song ever.

So, when Bono wrote: "I was born to sing for you. I didn't have a choice but to lift You up", was he aware how much truth was in that line? In other words: did Bono know what God had spelled out in scripture specificly for him to do "in this space and time"? (Does he hint at this by singing: "Only love can leave such a mark?") And is this one of the reasons his favorite book is Psalms?

BTW: here's my edit of Bono singing Magnificent: YouTube - U2 - Magnificent (Amsterdam ArenA multi-cam, 21-07-2009)

I suppose most of us know what Bono's favorite book of the Bible is: Psalms. It is in this book we find encoded the name "Paul Hewson". That in itself is something very interesting, but what makes it even more probable it was put there by an Encoder (rather than being there just by chance) is the fact the name "Bono" is directly next to it (twice). It is crossed by the words "Irish/Irishman" (3 times) and overwritten by "Catholic". Furthermore, clustered with "Bono" and "Paul Hewson" are the words "shading" and "eye". (It goes without saying our man is known for his sunglasses; anytime and anywhere.) Some more research learned this Code extends even further and reads a complete sentence: "His container Paul Hewson; strength, aura." (I couldn't agree more.)

Are we suppose to take your word for it, or break the code ourselves? Any links?

I've found a link on this topic:

Exodus 2006 - Paul Hewson

I don't know if I believe this, the letters could have been picked at random, which make the words 'Bono', 'Paul Hewson', 'Irish(man)' and 'Catholic' just a coincidence. Especially 'shading' and 'eye' seem a little far fetched, because they are more scattered in the text.

But it is still interesting, though!

If you're willing to waste enough time, you can find just about anything you desire with these "Bible codes" - or "Shakespeare codes" or "Brothers Karamazov codes" or whatever you like. Doesn't mean they possess any significance.

Go on, find a code in this post. You'll find it says that U2 should play A Sort Of Homecoming in my backyard.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

or if Jesus could turn water into wine, then surely Bono could turn WOWY into RTSS or something...

Well I don't post much and that's why....so much negativity and criticism. Alot of people don't post because of that. I don't have an opinion one way or another on the Bono bible code stuff...haven't looked into it. But I know there are strong opinions both ways on the bible code stuff in general, I haven't made my mind up about that either, but it is an interesting topic!.

I haven't looked into this particular "finding", but I have read about bible codes (there are many) before and my conclusion is that if you know what you want to find, you do and then you make up the code, which looks to me as the opposite way it should work and arises many questions from me as how the codes work within the different languages, how can a bad translation affect them, I haven't found any code based on the Aramaic original Old Testament, some are based on the Hebrew Thora, but most of them are based on translations from the Vulgata (Latin translation) which has many inacuracies of its own. Of course, this is not a scientific thing, so I may be really wrong.
From this finding I wonder why the word catholic is in it, Bono isn't a catholic, most Irish are, but he isn't.
Even if I don't believe in these codes I think the thread is really interesting and I would like to know other people's opinions about it.

i fucking kick asses of all new posters. if your post count isn't at least 500, i hate you.

If you're willing to waste enough time, you can find just about anything you desire with these "Bible codes" - or "Shakespeare codes" or "Brothers Karamazov codes" or whatever you like. Doesn't mean they possess any significance.

Go on, find a code in this post. You'll find it says that U2 should play A Sort Of Homecoming in my backyard.

Yep. No disrespect meant toward those who believe in it, but truly, you can make anything say/mean what you want it to say or mean. Especially if you're making some kind of "code" within text that you want to make fit to what you want it say.

It's a cool thing, sure. But I wouldn't be giving it any merit as far as any of it meaning anything.

My husband was reading up on Bible code. Interesting topic, but I am not sure what to think about it.

Back
Top Bottom