Bono and Social Activism:IN THE NAME OF LOVE (Pt. 1)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I have decided to post this in "the Goal is Soul" because I feel this the best forum to communicate what I think needs to be said.Since this post is regarding how Bono's social activism is a result of his DEEP belief in God, this forum is the natural place for this post. (the first of several over the next few days) :wink:

Let me also say that this post comes as a result of several recent posts in other forums that appeared to me and to other posters to be PURPOSEFULLY provocative, misinformed and INSENSITIVE to the seriousness of the GREAT SUFFERING of the people that Bono advocates for.:ohmy:

So at the risk of being unpopular so that I can speak the Truth (the facts as we know them about Bono's motivation for his social activism), I will defend Bono's social activism and the social activism of thousands of people worldwide, including me who are in this Struggle for Life due to our DEEP commitment to Social Justice for ALL of God's Children.:hug:

Bono has ALWAYS been a social reformer. Even from the earliest days of U2 when they showed their support of contraception during their concerts (circa 1978) in strictly Catholic Ireland, this was apparent.

Bono has participated in activities sponsored by organizations throughout his career, like Amnesty International, Greenpeace and the international Jubilee movement out of his STRONG SENSE of moral commitment to Social Justice rooted in his SINCERELY HELD BELIEF IN GOD, especially as God is revealed in the New Testament.:yes:

Bono has tried to feed the hungry (LiveAid), give shelter to the homeless (Aung San Suu Kyi), heal the sick (i.e. getting life-sustaining AIDS drugs to Africa), comfort the grieving (The Mothers of the Disappeared) and, maybe most importantly, give Hope to the poorest and most desparate people on earth. (the People in Africa):wink:

He has done this NOT to be popular or as a publicity stunt, but because of a PERSONAL COVENANT HE MADE WITH GOD in an Ethiopian refugee camp in 1985. :up:

to be cont'd ....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

You're welcome....:wink:

More to come.

THIS IS THE TIME TO FINISH WHAT YOU'VE STARTED. THIS IS NO TIME TO DREAM....:bono: :heart: :heart: :wave: :angel: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom