Beach Clips-Faith On The New Album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2isthebest

ONE love, blood, life
I'm having trouble making out a small amount of the lyrics, but I'm absolutely loving the beach clips. If you haven't heard them yet, they've been re-posted in the "Where The Album Has No Name" section of "Everything You Know Is Wrong" under the thread title "I Believe" Beach Clip Good, on the top of page 2 of said thread. These to me seem like songs of pure joy, and the lyrics seem like U2's most explicitly "Christian" (although I hate to use that term to define art/music) in a long time. Bono has said many times that he views all U2 songs as "praise" and when meeting with reporters after the National Prayer Breakfast he actually said that all U2 songs "proclaim Christ" I agree, I think their ambiguity, honesty, and depth make them better praise and worship music than most I've heard in church or on "Christian" CDs. Someone asked in the EYKIW awhile back, if U2 could be going in a "praise" direction on their new album, and from the sounds of these (if they use them) it certainly sounds like it! They're still ambiguous enough to reach out to non-Believers, but like "Window In The Skies", I think it's more obvious than ever what Bono's inspiration for the lyrics are. Discuss if you so desire. :wink:

I can see it...WITS is clearly about God and Jesus.

"Our love left a window in the skies"

Window= Jesus
Skies= God

If WITS is what the new album resembles, I'm all for it!

mandrake said:

Window= Jesus
Skies= God

I absolutely agree!! All of the beach clips seem so joyful, and in interviews the boys have just seemed happier than ever. Grace seems to be shining out of their lives in a new way!

Yes, Window definitely speaks to hope in love (God). I wish I could remember the lyrics Bono was speaking to Brian Williams on the plane. If I can remember correctly, they sounded hopeful too.

U2isthebest said:

I absolutely agree!! All of the beach clips seem so joyful, and in interviews the boys have just seemed happier than ever. Grace seems to be shining out of their lives in a new way!

Amen to that!

it would be so amazing to see it come out in the next album...im thinking of like in yahweh the terms of spiritual lyrical depth...it would be so awesome!

by the way...GREAT sig :wink:

nightninja56 said:

Amen to that!

it would be so amazing to see it come out in the next album...im thinking of like in yahweh the terms of spiritual lyrical depth...it would be so awesome!

by the way...GREAT sig :wink:

Thanks!:hug: I've also heard from people who've seen them on this leg of the tour that they have this joy and passion they haven't seen in a awhile. When I've seen them in recent stuff, like I said, they just seem like they've this untouchable spirit right now. I think that will be the direction they take on the next album, although still ambiguous, thankfully!

mandrake said:

Window= Jesus
Skies= God

Oh,Absolutely:yes: :cute:

mandrake said:

Window= Jesus
Skies= God

Not to mention "The rule has been disproved, the stone has been removed, the grave is now a groove, all debts are removed."

AND

"I've got no shame!" on the bridge.

No trouble seeing the fish in the sand on that one! What a great song!

I hope the next album has a strong spiritual element, even more than the last one. Besides being uplifting, it adds such a greater depth to the music that even unbelievers seem touched by, even if they don't realize it. :yes:

I think even without the lyrical content U2's music is very worshipful and uplifting. Window in the Skies is just an uplifting song...

Back
Top Bottom