Anyone ever done a 40 day fast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono B. Jones said:

Thanks Eileen! I only have a couple of days left! This Friday night will be the night I break the fast. I never thought I could do something as sacrificial as this. It has been tough, but with God's help I have learned I can accomplish much more than I thought I ever could.

God bless,

B.B.

:applaud: Way to go, B.B.!! Congrats....this will certainly be a life changing experience!

Well, just to let anyone interested know. I finished the fast!!!

It was not easy, but it taught me a lot about self control and discipline. It also showed me that with God's help, I can accomplish and overcome very tough things. Basically I don't have an excuse anymore when I say or think that I cannot do something for God and do something to better my walk with him. Nothing profoundly spiritual has happened yet other than me finishing the entire 40 days without sutmbling or giving up. I haven't followed through with many things in my life, so getting through this was a major accomplishment in itself. I'm sure future fasts will reveal different things and I know I have been blessed by this one.

Thank you all for your kind words and your support.

God Bless,

Jason. (Bono B.)

P.S.-if any of you are L.A. area fans, please keep an eye and ear out for my U2 tribute band "One Tree Hill". We will be playing gigs starting next Feb. or early March. I'll be sure to announce it on Interference.com.

Gotta go eat now!!

:drool:

Wow, well done. That's great.

And your tribute band's called One Tree Hill? Ever considered going to the real One Tree Hill in Auckland, NZ, and playing a gig here? :wink:

Axver said:
Wow, well done. That's great.

And your tribute band's called One Tree Hill? Ever considered going to the real One Tree Hill in Auckland, NZ, and playing a gig here? :wink:

I'd love to!! Actually, right now, it'd be nice just to play a gig period. It's taken a long time to get this tribute band together and going, so right now I'd be happy just to play anywhere.

I've don'e quite a bit of research on U2 tribute bands and I recall there being a couple in NZ. Have you seen them? If so, let me know if they were any good. I can't recall their names unfortunately.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any U2 tribute bands, but I hear there's one in NZ that's good, called Even Better Than The Real Thing. And well done on getting the band together: hope you get some gigs and that they go well!

Axver said:
Unfortunately, I haven't seen any U2 tribute bands, but I hear there's one in NZ that's good, called Even Better Than The Real Thing. And well done on getting the band together: hope you get some gigs and that they go well!

Thanks Axver!

:up: 40 days? Wow-good job! i have only done a 3 day fast. But I have been reading a good book on fasting and prayer, and it's helping me understand what it is for(instead of thinking it's all about some kinda diet!)and I am definetly working up to doing it. Just haven't yet. :wink: I too, admire your devotion!:applaud:

forbonou2 said:
:up: 40 days? Wow-good job! i have only done a 3 day fast. But I have been reading a good book on fasting and prayer, and it's helping me understand what it is for(instead of thinking it's all about some kinda diet!)and I am definetly working up to doing it. Just haven't yet. :wink: I too, admire your devotion!:applaud:

Thanks! Ya, it wasn't easy. Esepecially because I have never fasted for more than 1 day before. Couldn't have done it without God, though I feel I could have and should have done more to seek him and his direction during the fast. Getting through it without failing or cheating was a huge leap for me in my walk so I'm not being to hard on myself about it. Next time I think I will do better about being in the word and praying during the fast.

God bless,

Jason.

Hmmm...
I've been thinking about trying to fast sometime next year, maybe during Lent. I've been curious about it, but reading about your experience makes me want to give it a try.
Also I heard that fasting is good for the body because it gives the digestive and excretory system a rest.

Yeah, I think I'll try it sometime. Maybe I'll get something out of it!

Congratulations, Bono B! :wave:

Last edited:
Pearl said:
Hmmm...
I've been thinking about trying to fast sometime next year, maybe during Lent. I've been curious about it, but reading about your experience makes me want to give it a try.
Also I heard that fasting is good for the body because it gives the digestive and excretory system a rest.

Yeah, I think I'll try it sometime. Maybe I'll get something out of it!

Congratulations, Bono B! :wave:

I recommend it! You really should if you think that's the direction God wants you to go. Just pray about it and make sure you take precautionary measures such as taking viatamins and drinking lots of water. I guess that all depends on what your fasting though. I still had food, just blended into a liquid. Mostly regular soups and protein shakes-not liquified pizza or steak! I had some people ask me if I did that so I just wanted to clarify.

Oh, yes, it does sort of detoxify your system. You'll notice changes in the first week. Kinda cleanses you in a way that's more than just spiritual.

God bless and best wishes,

Jason.

I'm not sure if it's what God wants me to do, but I still want to see what its like.

BTW, did you get any headaches? I know a few people who did or at least tried fasting, and they said you can get really bad, painful headaches.

Pearl said:
I'm not sure if it's what God wants me to do, but I still want to see what its like.

BTW, did you get any headaches? I know a few people who did or at least tried fasting, and they said you can get really bad, painful headaches.

Yes I did, in fact. The first week and a half was not easy. That's when your body starts to detoxify and you also are adapting to the lesser intake of food. I got some pretty good ones (headache's) that first week. Water and Tylenol were my companions for a few days. They weren't excruciating, I've had much worse. Don't let the headache factor scare you off. You may not even get any.

Hope this helps.

B.B.

Back
Top Bottom