a U2 Christmas!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2isthebest

ONE love, blood, life
Last edited:
I liked how he spoke of the humility of Jesus being born in poverty. That is something that I never quite grasped until I spent a year of my life in simple living. It is quite a remarkable thing. I recommend seeing The Nativity Story.

This looks like part of the interview or the series he did with Bill Hybels back in August.

I am in wonder of him on what a persepective he has given the "rock star" status. Some people think they have perspective but Bono knows what counts in the end!

redhotswami said:
I liked how he spoke of the humility of Jesus being born in poverty. That is something that I never quite grasped until I spent a year of my life in simple living. It is quite a remarkable thing. I recommend seeing The Nativity Story.

I really want to see that movie, would you say it would be ok for my 11 and 7 year old? Its hard to tell, I don't want to frighten them.

JCOSTER said:
This looks like part of the interview or the series he did with Bill Hybels back in August.

I am in wonder of him on what a persepective he has given the "rock star" status. Some people think they have perspective but Bono knows what counts in the end!

I love that JC!! You're absolutely right!:yes: Do you know where I can see the interview(s) Bono did with Bill Hybels?

JCOSTER said:

I liked how he compared how celebrities are glorified over nurses, mothers, etc. I think some of the most beautiful work is done without pay by loving and dedicated volunteers. They are volunteers though, and they don't want the money for it. Still, I think it speaks a lot for our society when celebrities are idoled and respected, and our hard working volunteers go unnoticed.

JCOSTER said:

Yep. My husband's parents are a church starter/pastor and home missions leader, respectively, and they got the DVD for us to watch yesterday. It was good, albeit nothing we haven't heard from Bono already, but probably some great stuff for "their crowd" to hear.

My favorite bits...

When Bono said something like "all prayers ARE answered, but sometimes the answer is no."

When Bono pointed out that the church has become too comfortable with itself and too good at avoiding challenge.

Back
Top Bottom