6 Dayer Or Theistic Evolutionist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irvine511 said:

OR you could read the thread and understand the sarcasm.

science trumps the Bible any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Actually, my post was meant to be light hearted, not mean or sarcastic. Sorry if it seemed otherwise. But, I cannot make myself use "emocons", smilies, etc.

Too many people beat others up over religion. One thought though. If God created the universe, wouldn't He also establish the laws of science? If you or I are mistaken about only a few things concerning our origin, couldn't that mean we are really off base about this stuff? Whether you believe science (as it is being taught and understood now), the Bible literally, or some combination, all of us must trust what we believe in some way. No one knows for sure (That is a truth). We all have faith in something. Right?

gamecockvic said:

Actually, my post was meant to be light hearted, not mean or sarcastic. Sorry if it seemed otherwise. But, I cannot make myself use "emocons", smilies, etc.

okay, fair enough. :)

I don't think I have any really usuful arguments to add to this discussion, but I have always felt that Wild Honey was in fact a song about God.

:reject:

I think you could pick any U2 song at random that you didn't know who it was about and it would be about God. Pretty much anytime Bono sings about YOU then it's gonna be the big guy.

Trinity3000 said:
I think you could pick any U2 song at random that you didn't know who it was about and it would be about God. Pretty much anytime Bono sings about YOU then it's gonna be the big guy.

and perhaps he's saying that God isn't a big man in the sky with a beard, but he's the potential for love within all of us, within you, yes even YOU, TOO.

When God was speaking to Adam and Eve he clearly says..."Go and REPLENISH the Earth"!!!
What does "REPLENISH" mean???
RE-POPULATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meaning "evolution" fits perfectly with the creation story.
Done and done!

Harry Vest said:
When God was speaking to Adam and Eve he clearly says..."Go and REPLENISH the Earth"!!!
What does "REPLENISH" mean???
RE-POPULATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meaning "evolution" fits perfectly with the creation story.
Done and done!

slow down just a bit. your reading an english translation, and taking it at the most common usage in the english language. in hebrew this word male' (strong's h43900) means "to fill" or "to consecrate". not ever used as repopulate.

you could make the argument that you are trying to make by saying there is a gap between gen 1:1 and gen 1:2, but not from the word replenish.

(sorry i am kind of an original language word study nerd)

Back
Top Bottom