No soy la unica Nicaraguense que le gusta U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NicaMom

Den Mother
Well my heart is where it's always been, my head i
Encontre este articulo sobre U2 en un periodico Nica: http://www-ni.laprensa.com.ni/cronologico/2001/febrero/23/aquientrenos/cine/c ine-20010223-02.html

Y este otro en otro periodico Nica, pero no se si es legal!
biggrin.gif
http://www.elnuevodiario.com.ni/archivo/2001/enero/30-enero-2001/martes/martes5.html

No dice nada nuevo, pero me parecio interesante que hasta en en Nicaragua saben de U2.
biggrin.gif

Perdon por la falta de acentos, estoy de haragana.
redface.gif

ps: Grace, espero que veas esto!
smile.gif

------------------
And I can see those fighter planes
Across the mud huts where the children sleep

http://www.geocities.com/u2j33_3/

[This message has been edited by NicaMom (edited 03-31-2001).]

Si, lo acabo de encontrar!! gracias NicaMom!
U2 en La Prensa!! y el mismo articulo en El Nuevo Diario?!
biggrin.gif
que divertido... fue copiado de CNN.com. Lastima que nadie escribio algo personal sobre la banda.
Que crees? U2 tocara un dia en Managua? Talvez en Guatemala . . .
Has visto el website U2Guatemala? (www.u2guatemala.com). Me gusta mucho y las noticias son corrientes. Talvez un dia nosotros podemos crear el website www.u2nicaragua.com!!
biggrin.gif
que te parece?
wink.gif

pd: (perdon mi espanol es un poco "rusty"....tengo que practicar mas! :embarrassment: )

sorry, Nicamom, i'm going to have to write this in English . . .

when i first visited Nicaragua as an adult almost 3 years ago now, one of the first things i noticed was that most of the streets didn't have names (except for a few major "carreteras"). no street signs either. i was very moved/inspired by this and it made me think of "Where the Streets Have No Name" and the Joshua Tree Album (cuz of Bullet). It just grabbed me and i thought of the song immediately. who knows maybe that's where bono got the inspiration for the title.

Hi grace!
I believe that WTSHNN was definitively inspired by Nicaragua and Ethiopia.
I've seen articles about Managua's unnamed streets in the LA Times and on line, people find it amusing.
smile.gif

I didn't think too much about it until I moved here.
I was used to the "del lago una cuadra arriba", "de donde fue el hotel..." directions.
biggrin.gif

And yeah, we should have our own U2Nicaragua.com site.
Have you seen the pic of Bono when he was in Nicaragua? And have you read Bono's quote about the sexy revolution in Nicaragua?
I'll e-mail them to you if you haven's seen them.

almost forgot about this thread. good thing i checked.
hehe! yeah, i know what those directions are like too! it's how you write addresses for the mail too, which is really cute i think.
wow, so you really think WTSHNN came from Nic. and Ethiopia? Now that i'm not the only to think that, it must be true!
wink.gif
no, really, i think we're on to something. how great! now i will definitely be thinking that next time i hear the song.
i havent seen the pic of bono in Nicaragua. i 'd love to see it. feel free to email it to me or post it here when you can. I've read the quote 'cuz i've seen it as your signature. great quote!
anyways, i'll email you soon too! i've been SO busy these past 2 weeks with finals and papers. two more days and i'll be done with this madness!! then Elevation! woohoo!!!!!
take care.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom