Can anyone translate this? I think it's Italian but i'm not sure.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
http://www.media68.net/ita/today/0506.htm

These are the parts I want to know:

STATI UNITI
Attentato a Kennedy
Attentato a Bob Kennedy durante i festeggiamenti per la vittoria in California. L'attentatore, Sirhan Sirhan, è un profugo palestinese e afferma di aver sparato per le posizioni notoriamente filoisraeliane del candidato alla presidenza.

Robert Kennedy a terra subito dopo essere stato colpito

MUSICA
L'assassinio di Bob Kennedy sarà commemorato dai Rolling Stones nella loro "Sympathy for the Devil", incisa il giorno seguente, e da Crosby, Stills e Nash in "Long Time Gone", che Crosby scrive nella stessa notte dell'attentato.

If somebody could put that into English as best as possible that would be excellent!!!

There you have it!!:)

USA:
Attentat to Kennedy.
Attentat to Bob Kennedy during the celebration due to the win in California. The assassin, Sihan-Sirhan, is a palestinian refugee, and said that he shot at him because of the high filoisraelian positions that the candidate to the presidence has well-known shown.

Robert Kennedy at the ground, in the immediate moment after he was shot.

Music:
Kennedy's death will be remembered by Rolling Stones in their song "Simpathy for the devil", which was recorded the next day (after the assassination), and by Crosby, Stills and Nash, in "Long Time Gone", written by Crosby in the same night of the assassination.

It's a pleasure, it's good to be helpful most of all! If you have other things you want to get translated, post here, I, or perhaps other italian friends here will take a look, no probs!
;)

the story is :| -- but Babyman's translation is perfect!

How you came across this, U2Dem??

U2democrat said:
I've been doing a lot of research on RFK lately (he's my favorite politician) and in a random google search I found it...fascinating and depressing stuff.

Ever seen the movie The Parallax View? Interesting movie based on the book of the same name (I think the movie is better than the book BTW, rare). It is conspiracy story written after the multiple assassinations of the 60's. Not fabulous, but you might find it interesting due to RFK. It stars Warren Beatty. It's about a reporter investigating political assassinations and has more to do with the assassins than the politicians, but whatever.

Mark

U2democrat said:
No I haven't seen it. That could be interesting...though I'm not really fond of the conspiracy theories.

You may find it frustrating then, but I think it's interesting given the era that it was done in.

Mark---BTW, I'd go for a Mark Warner/Wes Clark ticket in '08. I think we'd be looking at President Kerry these days if Clark had been the VP nom.

Back
Top Bottom