It's Official -- I am old

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indra

ONE love, blood, life
I just picked up my first pair of bifocals (now called Progressives to make them more palatable to all the "I'm not old!!!" folks).

:sigh:

:grumpy:

I feel your pain! My eyes went bad as soon as I turned 40--one pair of glasses for reading and one pair for distance...every year they get worse!

I hope I'll never have to wear bifocals. Although I've been wearing glasses since I was 11.

Came across this thread...I have had students teetering towards bifocals in their adolescence. If it makes you feel better, I have been wearing glasses since I have been 6 and half years old...almost 30 years. I am doomed for bifocals. Both my parents wear them now.:ohmy:

I spent a ton on progressives just so I can pretend I am wearing just regular glasses for nearly blind people, instead of nearly blind people who squint at the computer and hold the newspaper half a block away.

You guys all started wearing glasses late in life! I was four...and I had a stick-on eyepatch at three!

You guys all started wearing glasses late in life! I was four...and I had a stick-on eyepatch at three!

Eyeglasses> 2 yrs old
I don't even remember!

my Mom said every man who came up to her while strolling (in stroller) me around -- I'd like throw up my hands and say "daddy!" :lol:

Black Eye patch (aaaarrrrrr) > 4 or 5 yrs
THAT I remember!

i had one when i was a infant :tongue:

:ohmy: :giggle:

did your parents ever tell whether you kept it on or tried to take it off all the time?

:hug: . . . one of my little munchkins has been wearing glasses since he was 18months old :cute:

:ohmy: even earlier than me!

did he acclimate well???

:ohmy: even earlier than me!

did he acclimate well???

. . . once he figured out that he could actually see with them on it was all good . . . but we did learn not to let him sit next to an open window in the car pretty early on :lol: . . . think we lost about 3 pairs in the first 6 weeks which was pretty stressful :huh: but since then he has been a champion :up: . . .and we had to buy a pretend pair for his twin brother so he didn't feel left out :cute:

I started wearing glasses at age 10; I'm now 27 and on my 6th or 7th pair.

I feel old. Although I know I'm still a young man.

Back
Top Bottom