It's Official I Am Old

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SethVincent

Refugee
My almost 18 year old son passed his driving test this morning

He now has a DL's

Our oldest will be 20 on August 3rd

I will be 40 on September 1st:reject:

The good news might be there is a woman that has put up with me since High School or since September 6th 1986:hug:

You're only as old as you feel!!

I'm convinced if you give into those 'I'm old's' you get old.

And just think in 10 years you'll probably wish for your 40's :giggle:

You're only as old as you feel. I know 30 year olds who behave like they're in their '80's! They think that when they get serious and boring they have succeeded in life.

A lot of my friends are 40 or in their 40's and they're still crazy and outgoing. They all tell me that they love being 40, because then you don't have to prove yourself so hard anymore, for example at work; Their already made their career. That's a big difference when you're in your 20's or 30's, cause you're the first one who gets kicked out in times of crisis.
And the kids are big, so you can go out again and get drunk again. And now it's your son's turn to pick you up from the pub!:hyper: He probably won't mind too much, the more he can take the car, the better!

LOL at my age I feel I look older, but Im still quite young in the head.

Im actually trendier now thou, than I was years back.

of course I cannot get the emotions you are goin through Seth but hey, anyway have a big :hug: from me pet. when kids grow up, they grow up. :kiss:

awww.

:happydance:

Just got home from playing Tennis w/ my 17 year old son

Kicked his ass from here to next week

Ok that's not true I just made it up:reject:

Mr. BAW my father just turned 59 at the end of January

Last post addendum: We really did play Tennis but it was kinda even:hi5:

LOL

My almost 18 year old son passed his driving test this morning

He now has a DL's

Our oldest will be 20 on August 3rd

I will be 40 on September 1st:reject:

The good news might be there is a woman that has put up with me since High School or since September 6th 1986:hug:

i know how you feel man. my daughter just turned 16 last month, and i'll be hitting 35 in september also. i have more gray hair than my dad who's in his late 50's. looking back i have no idea where the time went.

lemme ask you folks who's kids have left home something. how do you cope with missing them? my girl lives overseas with my mothers family. everytime we would go for a visit she would bug me to let her stay. she liked being around the extremely huge family i have, something she never experienced at home in FL. not to mention the whole living on a tropical island has it's appeal. so a little over a year ago i finally caved and let her go. she loves it there, she's happy and doing great at school and my family loves having her around.
the problem is i miss her like crazy. my house feels so empty, even though it was only 2 of us living in it, it never felt empty. i pretty much spend most of the week at my parents home or work alot because the house is so lonely. i spend time with friends, go to car meets, etc, etc, etc. i hardly have time to sit around, but still haven't gotten to used to not having her around.
how did y'all deal with it? i mean does the feeling of missing them ever go away?

lemme ask you folks who's kids have left home something. how do you cope with missing them? my girl lives overseas with my mothers family. everytime we would go for a visit she would bug me to let her stay. she liked being around the extremely huge family i have, something she never experienced at home in FL. not to mention the whole living on a tropical island has it's appeal. so a little over a year ago i finally caved and let her go. she loves it there, she's happy and doing great at school and my family loves having her around.
the problem is i miss her like crazy. my house feels so empty, even though it was only 2 of us living in it, it never felt empty. i pretty much spend most of the week at my parents home or work alot because the house is so lonely. i spend time with friends, go to car meets, etc, etc, etc. i hardly have time to sit around, but still haven't gotten to used to not having her around.
how did y'all deal with it? i mean does the feeling of missing them ever go away?

:( :hug:

I moved away from home 4 years ago (it was really whizzed by :ohmy: ) this August and my parents still cause a scene whenever I'm leaving home home to come back to other home.

whats making ME feel old is that you already had 2 kids at my age! 40 isnt old!! old is always 15yrs older from your current age ;)

whats making ME feel old is that you already had 2 kids at my age! 40 isnt old!! old is always 15yrs older from your current age ;)

:lol:

:ohmy:
hey, wait! :eyebrow: I'm (just 6 wks in) 56! :madwife:

And it's almost always pushed on women more. Boo Hisssssss!!!!!

I go out with my younger (20's, 30's) U2 fan friends to U2 cover band (UF) shows, and I'm rocking with them as long as they are- for hours & hours! :D

It really has a lot to do with your state of mind.

Dude, I can be a very serious person.
In fact, I was a serious person by the time i was a tween or younger (a lot of really scary :sad: family illness stuff happened when I was 5 1/2 onwards , and I lived through the Cuban Missile Crisis, JFK/MLK/RFK assassinations etc), BUT ...

... I ALSO managed to keep/ knew how to keep having fun, a sense of play & silliness :happydance::happydance: <<< see, like that :lol: > , and a sense of wonder!

And :fist: IF I had the extra $$$ ...
.... I'd be going to 4 - 6 U2 shows, too!:grumpy:

I've got one show & hoping to get a GA by the time the 9/25/09 NYC/NJ concert comes around.

and a ((hug)) for kos, missing his kid.

I go out with my younger (20's, 30's) U2 fan friends to U2 cover band (UF) shows, and I'm rocking with them as long as they are- for hours & hours! :D

It really has a lot to do with your state of mind.

... I ALSO managed to keep/ knew how to keep having fun, a sense of play & silliness :happydance::happydance: <<< see, like that :lol: > , and a sense of wonder!

I was trying to say in my talkie way.......

My daughter will soon be 34, my sons are 31, 24 and soon to be 22..quit your whining!!!
But I'm NOT feeling old.....
:up:

My son is 39, which is a mystery of my life, cuz I'm only 35. :lol: Not really--I've got Mr. BAW by a few years; but I don't feel old, either! :happydance:

....as Mr. Baw & Ms Purrl were saying....

I may feel really tired, and :crack: at times because of certain things happening in my life BUT....I usually...

... don't ... feel old, either! :rockon: :yippie: :happydance: :D

Back
Top Bottom