It's Official....Actors going into music? What were they thinking?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lateforwork

Babyface
So, my friend and I were recently arguing about actors who take a shot at forming their own music bands and going into the music biz. We're trying to think of some who have tried and actually made it. But this is what we've come up with keanu reeves, kevin bacon, & jared leto. I'm def. not a fan of any of their music...but are there any GOOD ones?

Lindsay Lohan is the first that comes to mind. And Hillary Duff's debut album was hot. Zooey Deschanel made a fun, quirky album with M. Ward this year.

Miley was technically an actor before she started recording music, so mark her down as well.

While I will admit to owning both of Lindsay Lohan's albums, you cannot truly and sincerely claim that they are any good. There are maybe one or two songs on each that I find fun and decent pop. But they're full of a lot of crap.

Milla Jovovich put out a pop album in 1991 or 1992, and it's actually quite good. Although I suppose she was a model turned singer, and then an actor. :hmm:

Scarlett Johansson put out an album of Tom Waits covers earlier this year that was mostly panned. I thought it was somewhat interesting, but really, she should keep her day job.

Um... Eddie Murphy? (My Girl Wants To) Party All The Time?
Don Johnson? Heartbreak?

Genius!!

Does Ethan Hawke's "Nothin' " from Reality Bites count? I love that song! (Although technically that's a fictional character in a fictional band called Hey That's My Bike - best band name evah!)

Haha well I can’t really think of an actor who started what I’d consider a
"GOOD" band… but other actors who’ve dabbled in “music”: bruce willis,
chris Jericho, steven segal (seriously). There’s a few other funny ones
I’m forgetting I’m sure…

I had the Bruce Willis album on cassette tape. I thought it was the shit back in the day. Now, of course, it's just shit.

I remember being pleasantly surprised by Minnie Driver's first CD (I think she has two out total?).

180px-Baumann5-manual.jpg

Juliette Lewis. Her band is called Juliette and the Licks

It is impossible to find my favorite part of this video. It's all so goddamn awesome. From the phallic opening, to the amazing storyline (hot chick walking + shit blowing up = Don Johnson confused), could it be Don standing - back to the camera - while Dweezil Zappa "rocks out"? Are any of them as awesome as the 1:00 mark turn / hand pump? But what about the chorepgraphy @ 1:30? I've been debating this for years, and I fear I am no closer to an answer than I was when I began. :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom