IO: Sicy needs to make me some cannolis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img-cannolis.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmm cannoli

I didn't realize going in that I needed a deep-fryer, so they are cannoli tacos.

The shells are the hardest part. :hug:

You can make them many different ways but I just stuff them with pudding or whip cream and chocolate bits, then sprinkle powdered sugar on top.

BoMac's pic wins.

You can make them many different ways but I just stuff them with pudding or whip cream and chocolate bits, then sprinkle powdered sugar on top.

BoMac's pic wins.

I've never had one and they just sound fucking delicious. Well, the filling IS delicious, I should give myself some credit there at the very least.

BoMac's picture looks fantastic.

I've never had one and they just sound fucking delicious. Well, the filling IS delicious, I should give myself some credit there at the very least.

You could always just go buy some pre-made shells, to use up your filling. It wont be as good but at least the filling wont go to waste. :up:

You could always just go buy some pre-made shells, to use up your filling. It wont be as good but at least the filling wont go to waste. :up:

Next time that is definitely what will happen. Something else I found out later was that I could buy shells pre-made. not sure where in Texas to find them, but I WILL get this right lol.

BoMac's pic wins.

What about ricotta cream? No offense, I've never heard of a cannoli with whipped cream, although I have had some with custard cream. But cannolis with ricotta own everything.:drool:

What about ricotta cream? No offense, I've never heard of a cannoli with whipped cream, although I have had some with custard cream. But cannolis with ricotta own everything.:drool:

I'm not too into cannoli with ricotta because to me cannoli is a desert, and ricotta is cheese.. and it just doesnt seem right to put cheese in a desert like that.

I have a savoury tooth, not a sweet tooth

but cannoli might just be the best eatable thing of all time

After plain/original chips of course.

:drool: Why did I only just now discover this thread?

To add to the discussion: If you don't like Ricotta, perhaps it's better to use the dessert equivalent: Mascarpone. :)

I'm not too into cannoli with ricotta because to me cannoli is a desert, and ricotta is cheese.. and it just doesnt seem right to put cheese in a desert like that.

Have you ever heard of cheesecake?

I'm not even kidding about this: If anyone wants to try some very good cannolis from the best Italian bakery in Montreal, I'll bring you one if you're going to the Montreal 360 show. It will make waiting all day in the GA line that much more bearable.

:)

Have you ever heard of cheesecake?

I'm not even kidding about this: If anyone wants to try some very good cannolis from the best Italian bakery in Montreal, I'll bring you one if you're going to the Montreal 360 show. It will make waiting all day in the GA line that much more bearable.

:)

I had absolutely NO plans to make such a trek until this very moment.

Back
Top Bottom