IO: Kids have shit names.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That which we call a rose, by any other name, would smell as sweet.

And all that shit.

But, seriously, I like some of those girl names. Although I prefer Sophie ending in an e to Sophia with an a. Boys names suck.

How should we solve this problem, Bonnie? What are some good names?

Not so much the names themselves are bad, it's just the ridiculous spelling the lower class couples think of (ie bogans).

Reminds me of reading the paper once about two parents who named their kid Obi One.... *shivers*

That which we call a rose, by any other name, would smell as sweet.

And all that shit.

But, seriously, I like some of those girl names. Although I prefer Sophie ending in an e to Sophia with an a. Boys names suck.

How should we solve this problem, Bonnie? What are some good names?

I don't mind most of the girl's names, hell I wanna call my daughter Ella, and that shit's right up there. I'm not entirely sure what an "Addison" is, but it's a fairly minor stain.

But seriously, Chase? Mason? Grayson? Just about anything ending with an n? These boys done got it bad.

I think the worst name I've heard from someone I know is "Brie-a". Like the cheese.

How is a poor variant on a name far more popular than the real name? It's Aidan, not Aiden, I've honestly wanted to name a son Aidan for awhile, but I'm kind of bummed out by the name's sudden surge in the U.S.

random names from the births column in today's paper:

Eli
Hardy Elliott (that's the middle name)
Dior Anthony (yes a boy) :crack:
Finn (that's a nationality, not a name!)
Charlie Keith (Stones fans? )
Ayla
Nate
Ocea Pearl, dear God

and yes

Aiden

Not so many weirdo spellings, bogans obviously can't afford to put ads in newspapers...

I don't think bogans are able to read to a certain level, either. :wink:

39640-bigthumbnail.jpg

*cough*

Runs out....
:lol::lol::lol:

Celebrities get a free pass on ridiculous kid names because celebrities, especially rock stars, are our superiors in every way.

When I worked as a summer camp counselor, it seemed as though every other boy were named "Dylan" or "Connor." At least those two have become slightly less popular.

That reminds me of the Simpsons episode in which Lisa gets promoted to the third grade. The teacher hands back papers with the following names: "Dylan, Dylan, Tyler, Madison, Dylan, Dakota..."

:lol:

What is with the obsession with the name Madison in recent years? It's butt ugly as a first name people get that through your heads and spare your children. Of course now it's being supplanted by the even worse variant Addison, which only makes me think of Addison's Disease, good job new parents of America.

I'll have you know my daughter Maddy is not a Madison, she's a Madeleine :)
My friend's baby turns one this week - he's a Mason. And his cousin is a Brianna.

And cori - :lmao:

:lol:

What is with the obsession with the name Madison in recent years? It's butt ugly as a first name people get that through your heads and spare your children. Of course now it's being supplanted by the even worse variant Addison, which only makes me think of Addison's Disease, good job new parents of America.
:lol: i know. i know someone who named their kid addison, and their middle name was something kinda gothy emo, i forget what exactly.

i don't know what kind of people name their kid addison but whenever i hear it now i'm expecting their middle name to be mydnyght or something.

I dunno. I like unique names for kids , though some of them can be rather obnoxious. I actually hate some of the common names like Ryan and Kyle.
Unique is good, but there's a fine line. :up:

Then there's all the cutsie names that drive me bonkers. Mackenzie, Mykayla, Skylar, which are just trendy now. Ugh. Don't parents understand that their adorable tots are going to grow up one day and need big-people names? I saw an example just the other day. A woman named Sparrow. :crack: Why?

Back
Top Bottom