IO - I'm getting laser eye surgery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dan_smee

ONE love, blood, life
Has anyone had it done?

My left eye is all but useless, and since I have started full-time work infront of a computer screen, my right eye has deteriorated.

Any horror stories/success stories?

I am looking into the new blade-free techniques

Someone I work with has had the Lasix surgery I believe it's called. She loves it, never wears her glasses anymore. I'll find out more if you like...

I want to get it too. My eyesight is horrible. I wear contacts and I hate when they get dried out and hurt my eyes.

my eyes are shocking. I am looking at the options re lasix with the blade removing the layer of the cornea, or the 100% laser treatment.

Is there any pain with option 1?

I think that I need to go to the eye doctor. It is hard for me to see the guide on the tv. I think that I need a new prescription.

I got Lasik in 2000. Both my eyes had trouble with the big "E's" on the eye chart. I hated wearing glasses and my eyes never particularly liked me sticking contacts in them. I now have 20/20 vision.

I don't know about new techniques, but my advice will always be the same:

No doctor can guarantee all will wind up well, but you can certainly increase the odds. The best way in my mind is by finding out where eye doctors get their work done. They can't do it on themselves after all. It may be tricky to find out this information, but don't be shy in asking doctors directly or indirectly. Your eyesight is pretty darned important and shyness (or money or time) shouldn't be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom