IO: I want to be the very best.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pokemon snap is my life. Loved the video.

Yeah, I haven't spent enough time to get out of the hand-holding section.

Oh... Oh God... There is an end, isn't there?

I just became the proud owner of a mint pikachu N64 this week.

I need to get Pokemon Snap. Shite, that's the one game I never got to play cause I didn't own a N64! :lol: My mate only had Stadium I and II.

I bought it on the virtual console when I first got a wii. It had been quite a while since I had first played it on the N64...i ended up blowing threw it in a few days, it was as stupidly fun as I remembered.

:hmm: Oh, I didn't even realise it was on the VC. Should be able to get it there then. Though I'll try to find a N64 version first, as I need games for my new baby,, haha. It comes with Pokemon Stadium 1. Need to get a gameboy player as well so I can use stuff from pokemon yellow on it.

Hey%2BYou%2BPikachu%2BN64%2Bpokemon%2Bnintendo%2B64.jpg

:drool:

What a horrible life you must have led. I still play mine. We play Goldeneye, Mario Kart and Smash Bros constantly.

I had a best friend in primary school that had all the Nintendo consoles up to then(NES,SNES,N64). Needless to say I was at his house pretty much every day after school. :lol:
Man I gotta get me an original Smash Bros as well. I play Melee a lot still at university on our Gamecube, Brawl sometimes with mates at home.. but the original was awesome. :D
Goldeneye was pretty legendary as well, and MarioKart of course! :love: Thanks for this, now I know exactly what games to get!

Sweet! I never had a N64.

Well, until now :wink: Got the N64 for GG and its mine until I travel to her part of the country.
Personally, I don't like stadium a lot. The animations are hilarious though. So after 1 game of playing , I wrapped up the N64 safely again. don't worry GG!

But Pokemon Snap is awesome, I remember playing it at a friends house. I loved it so much. Also, Mario Kart, which they had at our local supermarket. I would go there and have a free choclate milk, and play Mario Kart with my classmates pretty much weekly, in my awesome high school days..

Wanted to share pics of my new GB pocket paintjob. Haunter style :cute:

IMG_33151.jpg

IMG_33161.jpg

so I'm damn hooked to Emerald. Good stuff... and it's making me re-evaluate my opposition to games beyond Silver/Gold. I suspect when I finish Emerald I'll play another one, what should I go for? Diamond/Pearl, Platinum, Silver/Gold remakes, Black/White or X/Y?

Also, can someone explain the fucking special attack and special defence stats to me? What do they mean/what do they do? Is it worth having moves that up special attack/defence?

For your own sake play HG/SS.. D/P sucked ballz. Platinum was tolerable but never got me back into the series. HG/SS did because they were amazing. Didn't care much about B/W2.

:cute: Ah the good old days where you played for fun.

Stats are divided by physical and special, both split in attack and defense. This makes up how much damage your pokemon gives and takes. Depending on the generations, pre gen 3, physical and special were divided by type. Say, fire type moves were special, rock types were physical. In Gen4 they changed that, and it's now more realistic what move it is. Fire punch is physical, flamethrower special. So if you have no points in special attack, but the pokemon is a special attack user, it's gonna suck in competitive play. Each pokemon has a set of base stats, that decides what its strong and weak points are. Pikachu, for instance, has high speed and special attack stats, while a pokemon like Machop has high attack stat. Cloyster has high defenses(both special and physical), Chansey has high hp.... that kinda stuff.

:) Of ccourse none of this matters in the game, since you'll beat it easily. But if you want to try on the Battle Frontier, or online gaming, this stuff is essential.

:reject: Yeah I played professionally for a couple years with Emerald and DPPt.

:lol: I always managed to grab the hot ones, didn't know about sushi either so I had no idea what I was doing. My English wasn't that great yet either back in '98, so I didn't really understand much. But I had fun. :D

My favourite was the Clefairy one. :lol: Because I was the only one good at that.

I just fought probably the best Pokemon battle of all time. At the Mossdeep Gym, facing Lv41 Claydol, Lv41 Xatu, Lv42 Lunatone and Lv42 Solrock.

My party was Lv33 Gyarados, Lv31 Vigoroth, Lv30 Swellow, Lv30 Sableye, Lv30 Wobbuffet and Lv30 Gardevoir.

Started with Gyarados and Swellow, cos neither are affected by Claydol's Earthquake. Swellow got a Fly in but didn't last long due to Psychic. Froze Claydol with Ice Beam, and despite Claydol getting a hyper potion managed to knock him off shortly after with Sableye's Shadow Ball. Xatu killed Gyarados but not before he'd done some good damage, and Gardevoir killed Xatu with Thundershock. Vigoroth got killed by Psychic but not before letting out Yawn, which put Solrock to sleep. Then I bought Wobbuffet in. I love battling with Wobbuffet so much cos it's a good challenge. Solrock fell asleep, which was good because he's got Flamethrower and Psychic, whereas Lunatone only has one attacking move, but Lunatone knocked off Gardevoir. Killed Lunatone with Mirror Coat after Lunatone used Psychic on Wobbuffet. While Solrock was asleep I revived Gyarados and restored Wobbuffet to full health. Solrock woke up, I got in a Dragon Rage before Gyarados was killed, and then Lunatone could do nothing but hit Wobbuffet with Psychic, to which I smiled and then destroyed with Mirror Coat.

Battling doesn't get much better than that. Get around me.

Jessie's_Wobbuffet.png

That's true. Plus, it's a nice way to speed along battles against other water pokemon. Just, in general I don't like loading up highly evolved pokemon with a wide range of attack types if I can help it.

Ice beam is generally great on water types, as it deals with grass types easily. The reason I was complaining is because Gyarados is a physical pokemon. :wink:
His base spatk is like, 60 or so when his base attack is 125. So by giving him special moves, you're neutering him.
I know, I know, back in 3rd gen there are no physical water moves. They usually use him with a Dragon Dance set, with Earthquake and Hidden Power flying or Rock. Not very useful in the random game though. :uhoh:

Ingame I'd get rid of Dragon Rage though. That does a set 40 damage each time, which blows as Gyarados does far more damage with any random other attack(hint: TM26 THAT MOFO!)
For Swellow, get Wing Attack. :)

Wobbuffett is the shit. :lol: Because of his ability he's actually always been in the UBER tier with most legendaries. Though be careful, don't ever get into a Wobbu vs Wobbu battle. That can possibly take years. Also Blissey vs Wobbu is a disaster too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom