IO: I want to be the very best.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just gonna go ahead and close that link, right now, because I have Thangs to do today. But Dear God.

26.54.png

I sort of feel like I've been a bad geek for having never seen this thread, but it sort of makes sense since I never set foot in io or ever got into Pokemon. I always just attributed it to having been too old when it was a big deal...says the 29 year old with the Dbz avatar. Pokemon always seemed like it was marketed toward little kids, and the episodes of the show I did see (my brother loved that stuff, but he's 8 years younger than I am) were so idiotic and childish that I didn't have the patience for it.

And I always got lost in the game, so that didn't last long. Pokemon pinball, however, was the shit.

I shudder to think where I'd be without Pokemon.

Probably a successful businessman and womaniser.

Probably wouldn't trade that for the hours of enjoyment and frustration the games gave me...

Yeah, I can't imagine what my life would've looked like had I not been a videogame nerd. :lol: Though most of my friends are the same, so I probably might be succesful yet friendless.

The first forum I posted on was a Pokemon one and it's been kind of a natural development of internet savviness from there, so I probably wouldn't be posting here.

Where would all you guys be without Pokemon now, seriously.

OOOOOOOOH, Pokemon! I used to know all the first 150 (and I'm sure I still have the brazilian cd that came out). My first email ever was "alessandra@pokemon.com".

Pokemon has a gold place in my heart, along with Sailor Moon :heart::heart:

I'm afraid so, man. I think it's from one of the older new generations, too (like third or something?). I dunno, I keep getting every gen since the first one confused, even Gold and Silver throws me now.

I guess that's why the new games apparently have fewer new Pokemon than ever - because to most of us who grew up on that shit, there are like 500 new Pokemon.

Speaking of the new games, anyone played them? I don't have a 3DS and am in no rush, but some of the new features sounded pretty cool. Like being able to ride a Rhyhorn. Wow such childhood dream

Yeah Munchlax is from the fourth generation, it appeared with the Lax incense item and honey tree thingy. I half heartedly played that gen, but they really lost me there. 5th gen games sucked ballz(as did 4th except from the remakes of gold/silver) and I'm not even gonna bother with the new one.

The new game sounds good, my friends enjoy it and there's lots of old pokemon in it. But I just can't be arsed to spend money on something that I'll play once and then forget about. Which is really telling, as I don't even want to check how many hours I had on my Yellow and Silver games... I had a device to store saved games(Brainboy) so I could restart, which I did so many times. Yet with the new ones, meh.

I played White (or Black, can't remember) on a DS that I borrowed from a mate, and really just had trouble finding the time to play it. I wasn't really in a rush to beat the Elite Four, and I don't think I ever did. I just felt no incentive to. Same with even just catching the Pokemon themselves. I forgot how damn long it took just to grind and level up.

X and Y look kind of like the change the series has needed for a long time, but it doesn't really seem like enough to pull me back. Maybe I'll look for a 3DS on Gumtree someday but whatev.

I just can't believe I'm still waiting for them to make an open world console game, THAT is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom