IO: I want to be the very best.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haven't played the game, haven't watched the BW anime. So not many. :lol:
Only watched the anime up to Hoenn, and that got annoying already as they were repeating the plot of old episodes (team rocket's plans and shit were exact copies of the plans in Kanto/Johto series most of the time), the storylines got a bit boring and May was just annoying as a whole. So after that I quit watching the anime. I believe you that the new series is better, just don't really have the urge to check it out to be honest. Moved on to different animes.

I have been playing Pokemon Shuffle on my 3DS for nearly a year now though. Really enjoying that. It's a freemium game, but very doable without ever spending a single penny on it.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

CcJjoepVIAAhcVV.jpg

mega solrock will be hilarious. remember when I was like 10 or 11 and played Sapphire and didnt use them though they were like part of significant pokemons differentiating that to Ruby.

Im currently watching VGC games on youTube(you know, competitive doubles) and I'm astounded by how little diversity within teams.....and how much sleep I'm not getting.

I didn't know genies and Kangashkhan would be this scary when I was playing Sapphire 10 years ago.

The metagame has changed quite a lot yeah. I used to play competitively in 2004-6 ish, but quit when the 4th gen rolled over. The Heart Gold and Soul Silver remakes were pretty good, but after that I was done. Too much focus on graphics (I can't f#$*#@$cking see 3D!) for me. I didn't enjoy the games as much as the older ones, so I gave up. I did get Alpha Sapphire though, which I did enjoy but haven't played again since finishing the league tbh. Am now still avidly playing Pokemon Shuffle, which I enjoy a lot. And Pokemon Conquest was pretty cool too.

Most competitive teams will be similar as there's very little balance now. 3rd gen was pretty balanced, then with the overhaul of the physical/special system 4th gen changed quite a lot in balance, and each gen after it has quite a lot of changes too. Mega Evolution made quite a lot of Pokemon imba, the introduction of Fairy types tried to balance that slightly, but yeah. Mega Salamence is the shit yo. And M-Kangashkan is the most imba of all, which is why you see it a lot in double battles (since Smogon put Salamence in the uber tier it isn't used much iirc).

So we've got heaps more details now! A region, Alola, based on Hawaii, three cute little starts and today the players and legendaries were rolled out. Hella excited, particularly for the Pokemon Bank update... I played through Pokemon Red again because it's going to be compatible with Sun & Moon, meaning I can bring in my Zapdos :love:

pokedex Rotom seems to be pretty cool idea.

also psychic/ghost dual typing for legendary is pretty shitty idea, on the contrary.

Last edited:
I'm pretty meh on the legendaries. Solgaleo looked like it was gonna be at least part Fire, I hate Psychic/Steel. Psychic/Ghost is alright but the design of Lunaala is shit if you ask me.

yeah I'm pretty "eh" on these guys, as well. psychic steel is at least better than psychic/ghost as, you know, that dual typing won't have obvious 4 times weakness.

I hope Litten and Popplio get cool second types as they evolve. Fire/Dark would be fucking sweet and I would definitely pick that. If it's Fire/Fighting I'll scream.

So we've got heaps more details now! A region, Alola, based on Hawaii, three cute little starts and today the players and legendaries were rolled out. Hella excited, particularly for the Pokemon Bank update... I played through Pokemon Red again because it's going to be compatible with Sun & Moon, meaning I can bring in my Zapdos :love:
Sweet! I should get further in my Yellow then! I had no idea they were going to be compatible. :D

I'm pretty meh on the legendaries. Solgaleo looked like it was gonna be at least part Fire, I hate Psychic/Steel. Psychic/Ghost is alright but the design of Lunaala is shit if you ask me.

Well with a name like mine, there's only one option for me. :wink: Sun it is.

why do i have to go outside to play with fucking pokemons, nonexistent beings?

*Pokemon.

And you don't have to. Nobody is forcing it on you. If you don't like it, don't play it.

Meanwhile I'm one of the few still waiting for the official version, rather than using the apk. :waiting: So annoying.

Not really, they start in areas with lower coverage first to test the servers. Everything exploded because people from all over the world started using it.

Imagine if they had started in Japan, the country where Nintendo and Pokemon are so gigantic that a majority of the population of all ages would instantly play this game.

Those servers would have died even faster than you could download the game. Right now they're working on increasing the capacity (maybe woulda been smart to do so before rolling out the game, but hey). So Japan will get it as soon as they get a server system that can handle it.

Pokemon Gold & Silver now out on the 3DS eShop! :D

The best games in the series bar none, but there's a lot of technical bits about it that are really shit. Dark and Steel types were introduced but there's barely any until you get to Kanto. And the physical-special split didn't happen until Gen FOUR (which I never realised, holy shit) and once you've enjoyed playing Gens 6 and 7, it is awful going back to having half the types be all physical and the other half special. So stupid.

Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon out in Nov, but the teases so far haven't shown much. I'll get them of course, but hoping for them to be more impressive when they're out. So far X&Y and ORAS blow Sun/Moon out of the water for mine.

ok this is random but I really want game freak to make diamond and pearl as well as Black and white remakes.

Back
Top Bottom