IO: I paid off my first car

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Outsider

Refugee
It was a long road...I wasn't able to get a car until after college, its a clunker NOW, the CD player just broke, and I probably could've paid it off much much earlier if I hadn't gone to so many shows over the years, and I'll probably need a new car very very very soon but for the time being it'll be nice to NOT have a car payment for at least ...2 months :lol:

:yippie:

:up: Congrats on a great accomplishment, Outsider!

That's my goal with the 4Runner I bought this spring - to pay it off & keep it running for several years afterward. I'm ashamed to say that I'll very soon be 39 & other than the first car I ever owned (a hand-me-down from my mom) & the first car I ever purchased myself (a 8yr old VW Scirrocco) I have never kept a vehicle long enough to hold the title. :sad: I'm wiser these days (I think! :ohmy: ) & have learned that "new car fever" will pass if I just ignore it. It's only fatal if I let it lead me to the car dealer. :lol:

:applaud: Congrats. I paid off my first new car a few years ago and it felt great to get the title.

Its a great feeling. I refuse to buy a new car right now because my Honda is running well even for a 10 year old car. I do not want another car payment.

I use a 1991 Toyota Previa MiniVan that has 240,000 Miles on it for work

No Car Payment for years:up:

Nichole keeps telling me to buy a Toyota Tacoma but I am gonna drive that sucker until it collapses:wave:

Congratulations! :up:

I finished paying mine off a year and a half ago, and it was the best feeling ever. It was nice to have the extra money every month, but then I decided to keep on putting that money away, and use that to put towards a newer car eventually. :)

Back
Top Bottom