IO: I have to listen to every single U2 album, over again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In all SERIOUSNESS, we come on here to pass the time, chat with friends and have fun. What's wrong with having one place where that band is not named? We can talk about THAT band anywhere else but here.

Is that so wrong?

Which rules are those? I didn't see that rule anywhere in the Forum rules, to be honest..

OOPS! I'm getting into pathetic territory there!

PS BC - actually, the poll merely proves my point, abundantly...and with each vote the evidence grows..

Ok, I'll play.

In all SERIOUSNESS, check this out:

1. I really think the rule is stupid.

2. There is no official specifc rule about It's Official, whereas there are those for PLEBA and other areas.

3. Contextually, the 'democratically chosen' rule of no U2 in IO can't work. Look where IO is placed on the forum. It is contained in the section called Your Blue Room. EVERY subsection in that section is ABOUT U2!!! Conversely, there is an ENTIRE SECTION devoted to OFF TOPIC concerns, and if IO is SUPPOSED to be TRULY void of ANYTHING U2, then it should be in LYPTON VILLAGE, or EVEN in Lemonade Stand.

(wow, I can feel patheticness just oozing out of my eyeballs after having to devote a split second to typing that!!)

so... why is gabriel coming in here... speaking of they who shall not be named, then still argueing when sicy's already eaten his brains???? makes no sense!

then he keeps claiming how pathetic we are and this whole thing is, yet he keeps coming here and posting.... seems a bit pathetic no????

that said, this is for you Gabe! :wink:
garbage-1.jpg

gabrielvox said:
THAT's a forum rule?? :lol:

Ok young gabrielvox lettuce splain it to you.

The no U2 in IO rule is sort of an unspoken rule if you will... going back to the beginning of IO time. Hence why it is not officially in the rules. Please feel free to read old threads, you will find very few threads about U2 here. So sure, talk about U2 all you like here, but be prepared for the backlash that will come with it. That's all. :wink:

gabrielvox said:
Ok, I'll play.

In all SERIOUSNESS, check this out:

1. I really think the rule is stupid.

I hate cooked carrots.

2. There is no official specifc rule about It's Official, whereas there are those for PLEBA and other areas.

It's Official is where we officially enforce the unofficial. We unofficially take it very seriously, and that's unofficially our official motto.

3. Contextually, the 'democratically chosen' rule of no U2 in IO can't work. Look where IO is placed on the forum. It is contained in the section called Your Blue Room. EVERY subsection in that section is ABOUT U2!!! Conversely, there is an ENTIRE SECTION devoted to OFF TOPIC concerns, and if IO is SUPPOSED to be TRULY void of ANYTHING U2, then it should be in LYPTON VILLAGE, or EVEN in Lemonade Stand.

You'd think that, wouldn't you?

(wow, I can feel patheticness just oozing out of my eyeballs after having to devote a split second to typing that!!)

My official ruling is that what you wrote took longer than a split second.

Sicy said:

Ok young gabrielvox lettuce splain it to you.

The no U2 in IO rule is sort of an unspoken rule if you will... going back to the beginning of IO time. Hence why it is not officially in the rules. Please feel free to read old threads, you will find very few threads about U2 here. So sure, talk about U2 all you like here, but be prepared for the backlash that will come with it. That's all. :wink:

can I eat your brain now? :evil:

Galeongirl said:
so... why is gabriel coming in here... speaking of they who shall not be named, then still argueing when sicy's already eaten his brains???? makes no sense!

then he keeps claiming how pathetic we are and this whole thing is, yet he keeps coming here and posting.... seems a bit pathetic no????

Actually, I started the thread, and it's about me, so no, it's not.

It IS pathetic if CERTAIN people let IT get to THEM though. :wink:

Me, I couldn't care a less...

oh, back to the topic, U2!

:drool: Indian Summer Sky :drool:

Sicy said:

So sure, talk about U2 all you like here, but be prepared for the backlash that will come with it. That's all. :wink:

See, now THAT, is wisdom. No lockings, no bs or politics, just let the cards fall as they may.

The thread will either live or die on its own

(see what's happening tho? :wink: )

Yeah but dont forget 'anything goes' here so we can lock your thread with no rhyme or reason :wink:

gabrielvox said:

Actually, I started the thread, and it's about me, so no, it's not.

It IS pathetic if CERTAIN people let IT get to THEM though. :wink:

Me, I couldn't care a less...

you couldn't care less??? then why are you defending yourself then? if you didn't care, you wouldn't bother to reply...

:scratch: and how can you not care a less?

Back
Top Bottom