IO: I have my license!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonogirl777

Blue Crack Addict
At Tim Horton's with Kristen and Val talking about
IO: I have my driver's license!!!!

Just thought I'd share!!! This was the second time I took the test. The first time, I only looked once behind me while parallel parking and I should've looked way more. But today, the fog was immensely thick. Could barely see a thing! And I still passed. :lol: I get my actual license in about 1-3 weeks. :)

I love freedom. :D

Congratulations! I've never forgotten the first time I went anywhere by myself. It was mundane as all get out & took a total of 20 minutes round trip, but I know exactly what it was: a trip to the grocery to pick up something my mom had forgotten. I think she might have even 'forgotten' on purpose.
:D

And speaking of "mundane", here's the best advice I ever got from my Driver's Ed teacher. I use it every day, even now: Always expect the other drivers to do what they're NOT supposed to. If they signal right, expect a left turn. If they're supposed to stop, expect them not to. Anticipate and be prepared to react.

OK - end of lecture. :D Enjoy & be safe!

I live in New Jersey where we have to be 17 to get our license. I couldn't wait to get mine and because I was older than a lot of people in my high school class, I got mine before they did.

Congrats!! Driving by yourself for the first time is awesome! BluRmgrl's advice is definitely right. I always say that if everybody drove like me, I wouldn't feel such road rage most of the time.:lol: Be prepared to swear more while driving than you do anywhere else. I don't think I ever swore until I started driving.:lol:

Congrats!:applaud: That must've been real aggravating in the fog. I took mine in snow this past February.:lol: Isn't quite near as bad as fog though. Enjoying it? I enjoy mine but hardly ever drive actually. This thread actually reminded me I have to go pick something up. ;)

Yeah, the examiner even asked me if my headlights were on. I was like, yeah and the fog is just terrible. :ohmy:
I would take fog over snow. :lol:
I'm totally enjoying it! I love the freedom it gives me. If I want to go to a friend's house, I can drive myself there. So convinient. :D

Yeah, the examiner even asked me if my headlights were on. I was like, yeah and the fog is just terrible. :ohmy:
I would take fog over snow. :lol:
I'm totally enjoying it! I love the freedom it gives me. If I want to go to a friend's house, I can drive myself there. So convinient. :D

Yeah I would probably choose fog but it makes it so hard to see, plus my bad eyes don't help.:lol: I just want clear driving conditions. And the freedom is awesome! I could go out to pick up some things I needed today and have no problems.

I know this is "IO" and we're not supposed to talk about...you know :shifty: Eew Two :lol:. But I looked for the TUF remaster today in Wal Mart (I shamefully don't own it yet :reject:) but they didn't have it. They didn't even have ONE U2 cd in there. Not a single one.:tsk:

Back
Top Bottom