IO: I hate Laundry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that said, i do love putting it in the machine to wash, don't mind hanging it out on the line, looooooooove the smell of clean clothes with fabric softener (i'm an unashamed bandit for a good fabric softener), love the clothes straight out of the dryer (when it's been raining - i feel guilty using it otherwise), don't mind hanging it out (gets me having a chat to the dogs as i go), etc... but when it comes to retrieving it, folding it, putting it away or ironing? no. get someone else to do it.

Doing laundry in my own house is *ever* so much better than toting out to a crowded, smoky, noisy, populated-by-screaming-undisciplined-children laundromat!! :hyper:

Why do household appliances come in fashionable colors anyway? Haven't we learned from the horror that was 'Harvest Gold' and 'Avocado Green?' :sad:

A tonne of “Sea & Surf” festivals. :wink: Actually, I’ve just attended one of those. Closer to the truth, however, is that it’s so foggy here, people actually go to rock concerts to escape the fog.

My mum came over to help with my housework when i had hand surgery and asked "where's your ironing? I'll do it for you" "ah, mum, we don't buy clothes which require ironing in this house.." "is that your solution? really? I'm... either appalled or proud. I'm not sure which"

:yes:

:lol:

Hope that surgery went a-ok for you! You do seem to be at full capacity these days. Laundry humour. :D

This is a horrible confession: Sometimes I forget to change the lint thingy in the dryer...actually, most times. :der: Every time I do remove the stuff, it's packed in so tightly that I'm sure I've just narrowly escaped the whole thing overheating and going up in a flaming fireball. I hate to throw it out, though. It would make a lovely scarf for the right person.

How can you not clean the filter????!!!! I have an unnatural love of scraping it out and feeling how soft that prison grey lint is. I often wonder how many new garments could be fashioned out of the traces left behind of existing clothes. I do think I'd have made a poncho or two by now. I doubt it'd be tumble dryer safe though....
:hmm:

But anyway... now I'm worried about you! My mother, among other things, has also passed on a fear that my dryer is all set to explode into a spectacular mushroom cloud. I know of course that it is impossible, but I clean it by rote and hear that little voice "clean the filter, Anna. People have DIED - I have read STORIES of peoply dying from unclean filters. Big fires...Yes, brush me off, but you will see.." Where was I? Oh yeah, my mother. No, your filter... If you don't start cleaning it, I'll send my mother around. Don't think I won't!

And thanks re: my hand. It's a bugger of a place to be operated on, but it's at least functional again and all the old pain is gone!
:D

Back
Top Bottom