IO:I get sad sometimes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
therethere.gif

When problems overwhelm us and sadness smothers us, where do we find the will and the courage to continue? The answer may come from the caring voice of a friend. Or a chance encounter with a book. Or from a personal faith.

For me, help came from my faith, but, it also came from a squirrel. Shortly after my divorce, I lost my father. Then I lost my job. I had mounting money problems. But not only did I survive, I worked my way out of despondency and, now, life is good again.

How could this happen?

Well, late one Autumn day when I was at my lowest I watched a squirrel storing up nuts for the winter. One at a time he would take them to the nest. And I thought, if that squirrel can take care of himself with the harsh winter coming along, then so can I. Once I broke my problems into small pieces I was able to carry them, just like those acorns...one at a time.

When problems overwhelm us and sadness smothers us, where do we find the will and the courage to continue? The answer may come from the caring voice of a friend. Or a chance encounter with a book. Or from a personal faith.

For me, help came from my faith, but, it also came from a squirrel. Shortly after my divorce, I lost my father. Then I lost my job. I had mounting money problems. But not only did I survive, I worked my way out of despondency and, now, life is good again.

How could this happen?

Well, late one Autumn day when I was at my lowest I watched a squirrel storing up nuts for the winter. One at a time he would take them to the nest. And I thought, if that squirrel can take care of himself with the harsh winter coming along, then so can I. Once I broke my problems into small pieces I was able to carry them, just like those acorns...one at a time.

Humans don't eat acorns, but thanks for trying to cheer me up. :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom